Forums

Help › Forums

equipment changes ref: ball types

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 2 2015 1:37 PM (6 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2015 11:01 AM

It's my understanding I currently have WGT starter clubs, with no bag. I however purchased some slow meter balls which I'm currently using, but on occasion would prefer to toggle between these & WGT's unlimited balls. I seem unable however to revert back to the unlimited balls. Can anyone please tell me how to switch ball preferences? Am I resigned to using up all my slow meter balls, before I can use WGT unlimited balls again?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2015 9:11 PM

To select and equip new virtual golf clubs and balls in the game, follow these steps: 

1) Select the MY EQUIPMENT option after purchase, or on the My Profile page, or in the Game Menu
    2) Click and Drag the new club or ball from your INVENTORY to IN MY BAG
    3) Click the SAVE CHANGES button

Please keep in mind that you can't change equipment during an active game. Also, note that if you use up balls during a game you can either purchase new balls that you were using or use Starter balls. Players do not have the ability to change balls during a round.

• slimjym
    141 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 9:02 AM

WGT misunderstood me. I'd like to know how to switch back to "unlimited" balls when I desire, now that I've incorporated slow meter balls into my equipment. (I understand balls cannot be switched during active games, etc.). My problem is that I do not know how to revert back to "unlimited balls", now that I've been using the slow meter balls.

Please note that my problem is not how to add newly purchased balls to my equipment, but rather how to choose"unlimited" balls when I wish to use them. (Note that I do not own a bag, so when instructions say to "click & drag" balls from my inventory into "my bag", I have no such bag that I can find. Additionally when attempting to click & drag a ball from my equipment, I get a red circle with a slash mark running through it. As in my previous posting question: "Do I need to use up all my slow meter balls first before I can go back to using "unlimited" balls?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 11:46 AM

The same process that was described in the previous post is how you would equip the Starter balls, the unlimited WGT balls that you are referring to. 

When the word bag is mentioned it is meant in the general sense since when you have the window to equip your clubs open at the top it states "In My Bag". You do not need a bag to change equipment and when the instructions state drag into the bag, it just means to place in the applicable club or b all slot.

You do not need to use up all your balls. Just click on My Equipment then the ball slot and then scroll to locate the "Unlimited" ball. Now click and drag that ball into the ball slot above it and be sure to click on Save Changes.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 12:51 PM

Admin is 100% correct - but your question implies that you wish to switch balls during play (as would most of us when we have a hairy shot near water). You may not (voluntarily) switch balls in the middle of a round. If you loose your last "for credits (non-free)" ball, WGT automatically switches you to a starter ball. Most of us don't like that either but that's how it is! (Use the SEARCH window,on the RHS of this page, if you want to find years of complaints on this issue).

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 12:57 PM

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 1:37 PM

you can switch back to starter ball at the start of each new game if you wish or when you lose your last paid for ball

RSS