Help › Forums

A warning from a voice of reason

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:46 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:36 PM

I would be remiss if I did not say that for the longest time was looking for an on-line golf game.  I had grown worn of the Tiger Woods' and Hot Shots golf variety on the various platform systems.  This winter I even dug out my old NES and played the original Golf game with some friends as a change of pace kinda thing.  No one, not even I could top my all time 21 under record on that game, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.  Then a few weeks ago I haphazardly stumbled onto WGT and I have been hooked ever since.  The detail in this game is pure brilliance and while I find it quite maddening at times (read many, many times) I am truly grateful to be able to play it.  The multiplayer is a gem for how easy it is to set up and get into a game, and the realism is second to none.  Great game, good community.

• wyldman
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 9:13 AM

I have played the game now for three months and I guess I am addicted. But what I can't understand is why they had to make it this difficult but moreover why so inconsistent. The same shot from game to game on the same course does not yield the same response. Since they want to make it as real as possible, it would seem that some consistency would be nice. Finally, I really think there should be a merrit system for upgrading clubs. You should not have to BUY your way into championships. Other than that I do enjoy this game.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 9:21 AM

Totally agree with Gitthe. Also,  I have to say that a lot of times that criticism comes from people who have only been here a few weeks and the people that really know the game because they've been here some time hardly complain.

• elis2008
    21 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 9:32 PM

i agree but if u look past the whinning and get to the root of the post

u can tell that wgt is making changes but they are not changing what needs to

be fixed

• Steed31763
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 10:12 PM

I concour.  My seniments exactly.  I could  have wrote it, myself.  Except this game is relentless, it is

unforgiving.  I enjoy it.  One of these days I hope to fall back on my two favorite words.....I WIN......

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:10 AM

A blast from the past well worth bumping.

gitthe:

I have played WGT since last December and have been amazed at the progress of the game over the last six months.  This post is not directed at anyone specifically or in response to any specific post, I just want to give my perspective on the WGT community.

Prior to playing WGT, I was active in the Halo 3 community at www.bungie.net  Over time, the forums on the bungie site became full of criticism, complaining, and bitterness.  This forum is quickly becoming the same.  It has just recently become more negative, I have sensed the change in the last couple of months.  Coinciding, ironically, as WGT has given us MORE courses, MORE clubs, made efforts to improve swing meter performance, etc. 

Instead of expressing gratitude, we have instead complained louder.  I just want to encourage everyone to think before you post.  Remember that you are playing a free game that offers prizes unlike any other game site around and is trying to listen to feedback and make changes to the game.

This may sound simplistic, but we can make this forum whatever we want it to be.  My fear is that we are very quickly becoming a place much like the Bungie community.  A repository for people to vent their frustrations about this game not being perfect.  Well guess what, this game is never going to be perfect.  And if you have ever played any other video game online, you know that there are always bugs, imperfections, cheats, glitches, that keep any game from being perfect.

Try to think before you post.  If you are about to rail into the admins or someone else, sleep on it before you hit post.  Yeah yeah, I am being idealistic, I just want to try and prevent WGT from becoming a bitter place to visit.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:00 PM

tibbets:

Indeed, discretion is a lost art.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

-- Qui-gon Jinn

Also "Remain silent and be thought a fool, or speak out and remove all doubt."  :)

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:16 PM

Thank you for bumping this. It really needs to be said.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:46 PM

Hi All,

Absolutely agree with the gitthe post.

This is a great golf sim here - there is none better out there.

So lets try and be a bit more supportive of WGT's efforts, and stop complaining about everything under the sun.

Its "Open" time again, so its back to the practice fairways for me.

Keep up the good work WGT.

Cheers

• PAGES
RSS