Forums

Help › Forums

next level

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:59 AM (2 replies)
  • lurkylurk
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 9:39 AM

How do I move up to the next level from tour pro to what ever the next level is. It seems I have peen playing frequently enough and and my average is at 69.16 I'm at level 90 and in checking the profiles of players at the next level I have been a member longer than some, my average is better than some and my level is higher than some. Am I not doing something I should, or am I doing something I shouldn't? Do I have to wait a bit longer?

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:09 AM

Hello,

WGT uses an algorithm to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier, which takes into account a number of factors including number of ranked games played.  These numbers scale by tier, so it's necessary to shoot a lower average to advance and to play more games to reach higher tiers.  For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read: 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

-WGTyphoon

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:59 AM

lurkylurk:
    my average is at 69.16 I'm at level 90 and in checking the profiles of players at the next level I have been a member longer than some, my average is better than some and my level is higher than some. Am I not doing something I should, or am I doing something I shouldn't? Do I have to wait a bit longer?

First off, for the sake of clarity, please refer to "tier" when talking about Tour Pro and Master and whatnots. It has nothing to do with your level (90). Thank you.

I think that you do what you should do: Play ranked rounds / tournaments, but not on Par3 and Par5 courses. I'm sure that you have played more than the minimum 25 of those, thus your TP average is "saturated".

Thus only one thing is missing: Good scores.

The necessary average for Master is 67.00, and your scores should be below 35 / 70 (approx.) to reduce the average. Are these numbered CC tourneys standard conditions or extra hard (wind, tee positions, green speeds)? If so, try the WGT weeklies and monthlies.

Some further keywords: Practice, concentration, course management. Practice.

RSS