Help › Forums

The Ugly Side of the Internet.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:54 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 6:41 AM

I just searched for a random alt shot game and appeared second in the lobby. The player who set the game had a name made of two letters then some numbers and a profile pic of a large breasted lady in a bikini. The pic switched on my 'potential idiot' alarm system. 

At this point a 3rd player arrived in the lobby, cant remember his name either, he was a happy lookin' guy in smart golf attire, he was american and black, which is only important to tell you because of what happened next.

Bikini guy then types in lobby chat box - " I don't play golf with darkies"

The shock of actually seeing this sent my brain into overload, I should have grabbed a screenshot at this point and reported the player in question but I didn't. I replied to him/her/it - " I will not play a game with you then, you contemptuous scumbag". At this point the game lobby got cancelled.

I realise this post is pointless but I was so disgusted I had to come here and get it off my chest. Incidents like this can really make me despair for the future of humanity.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 6:54 AM

Well said mucker, there will always be more good guys than bad, shame and name these numptys is what is needed.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:34 AM

Glad you told us  this .       There will always be  some (2%)  members  that are not grown up yet.  This thread is good for the newcomers ,  In other words  do not  put all the members  in the same  boat  99%   are good people.    This would be the only time I would quit a game, and I would take the time before leaving to say  Golf has no colours and WGT is  game to have fun and not to bring politic, religion and race in the game.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:15 AM

Thank you Frapp.

I should have said, that in my 4 years playing, this is only the second time I have encountered this kind of thing.

The vast majority of players are very nice, pleasant people.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 6:12 PM

PaulTon:
    profile pic of a large breasted lady in a bikini

I call bull.  I've never, eeeever seen a guy on here who uses a scantily clad woman for a pic.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:50 PM

MichaelStroke:

PaulTon:
    profile pic of a large breasted lady in a bikini

I call bull.  I've never, eeeever seen a guy on here who uses a scantily clad woman for a pic.

Don't get around much uh? There's a pic up now of a new player pulling her shirt down in front of her cam. If you want to throw up in your mouth a little, go find it.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:56 PM

PaulTon:

I just searched for a random alt shot game and appeared second in the lobby. The player who set the game had a name made of two letters then some numbers and a profile pic of a large breasted lady in a bikini. The pic switched on my 'potential idiot' alarm system. 

At this point a 3rd player arrived in the lobby, cant remember his name either, he was a happy lookin' guy in smart golf attire, he was american and black, which is only important to tell you because of what happened next.

Bikini guy then types in lobby chat box - " I don't play golf with darkies"

The shock of actually seeing this sent my brain into overload, I should have grabbed a screenshot at this point and reported the player in question but I didn't. I replied to him/her/it - " I will not play a game with you then, you contemptuous scumbag". At this point the game lobby got cancelled.

I realise this post is pointless but I was so disgusted I had to come here and get it off my chest. Incidents like this can really make me despair for the future of humanity.

Ya never know eh, I played a random score game a couple of weeks ago, the guy was nice and we both comment on our plays and was a good game...seemed normal, until the end of the game  he came out and said' i'm just waiting on my black tranny to arrive'......i'm thinking to myself, uh.....( asked a friend later on what a 'black tranny 'was )

and needless to say.....lol

Ya never know what might cross your path on WGT eh lol

edit, was a good game and a nice guy, definitely harmless :)

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 2:46 AM

patriciawilliams:
    ~'i'm just waiting on my black tranny to arrive'~
    When I was a youngster a 'tranny' was a transistor radio, lol.  : )  Have to be careful what I ask for now in the electrical store, haha!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 3:17 AM
    A black tranny is a dark coloured van to me.
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jan 17 2015 3:25 AM

• PAGES
RSS