Forums

Help › Forums

Best NFL "NFC " Championship game ever?

Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:10 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 3:54 PM

What a great game, maybe the best ive seen, well played by both teams, it was Green Bays defense that choked and too much "beast mode & the "Seattle "D" clamped down when it needed to  and lets not forget the stellar performance of Russell Wilson to comeback from 4 int and stay focused  "cooler then the other side of the pillow"  back 2 back Superbowl Championships" we will see,          p.s Duffer19 must be doing cartwheels in his living room LOL  ;-)  ......

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:06 PM

Cardiac Arrest - cartwheels postponed :)

Hawks got lucky - crap 3+ quarters - GB got some good breaks early with tips and what not - great pressure by the o-liine -  I know how a Denver fan felt ....for a while anyway - that was miserable.

Seattle D, special teams - Marshawn - Russel - Baldwin - Kerse - on and on - 

improbable comeback whispers the making of legend.

I don't mean to sound unsatisfied - I am over the moon - and the good fortune and hard work it took to pull it off isn't lost on me.  Amazing tenacity Hawks.

GB played a great game - just couldn't match the unstoppable arc of momentum the hawks enjoyed late on .

GO HAWKS

• esty26
    425 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:11 PM

Defense gave up some plays late in the game but the game was lost by Green Bay's offensive play calling.

4 minutes left and up by less than 2 scores. Sherman has been walking around with one arm for almost the entire 4th quarter. Seattle is stacking the box with cover 0. Green Bay simply hands the ball off to Lacy for 3 consecutive losses....not once challenging Sherman or middle of the field.

How does Seattle win in overtime, with no safeties in the middle of the field....... Wilson hits Kearse on a post over the middle for a TD!

Too many teams play "not to lose" instead of playing to win!

Well done Seattle and what perseverance shown by Wilson and the Seahawks.

What a choke by Green Bay.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:13 PM

I thought I saw the GB defense R-E-L-A-X there in the closing minutes and in OT.

Andy

Long time Bears fan who's fav team is anyone playing GB.  ;-)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:21 PM

duffer19:
    GB played a great game - just couldn't match the unstoppable arc of momentum of the hawks
     Agreed  ;-)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:22 PM

LOL Andy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:24 PM

Heh, what do you think Bostick will be falling asleep tonight thinking about?

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:51 PM

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 7:43 PM

Top 3 at least.  '67 "Ice Bowl" is up there.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Jan 18 2015 8:18 PM

I agree the GB play calling stunk toward the end of the game. Congrats to Seatle for the no quit attitude and the win!

• PAGES
RSS