Help › Forums

Whats the point?.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 5 2015 7:48 AM (20 replies)
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 5:28 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the point in posting a score if you ain't gonna be in the top 70, seems a bit pointless to me, especially when you get moved up a level and you're still crap at the level your on, (why make it harder for yourself), personally I've hated going from Tour Pro to Master, I find the game isn't as much fun to play anymore, so I'll dread moving up to Tour Master o whatever's next, so I'll just keep on forfeiting games, unless somebody tells me it gets better an not worse.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:06 PM

First you need to work on upgrading your clubs . Also get rid of the hybrid and add a third wedge . Then you have to put your time in with practice , practice and more practice . We all go through what you are going through . Every body does and we all get through it .

You have to also understand there are 1000s of players playing in the monthly tourneys . The best scores post and others get pushed aside . It happens at every tier not just to you . All Tour Legends dont make it to the top 70 they get bumped out too .

Its gets better if you make it better . Put in some practice rounds and take your time to learn the game . Work on  course management and ball placement . Learn your shot selections also , dont just grip it and rip it . Learn the punch , pitch and flop shots with your wedges . Keep your head up and enjoy the game . Just play and have fun and it will all come together . Hope this helps and good luck with your game . :-)

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:49 PM

Willy, you aren't doing all that badly.  You've only been playing for a little over a year and everybody has "dry spells".

As to 'why post?', best reasons I can think of are that:

1. You took the time to play 9 or 18 holes

2. You hit your golf ball many times (therefore reducing it's life = spent some money)

3.  If you "crash out" on the last hole, you lose all of the experience points that you earned

4. More experience points let you get better equipment (may not be a positive - as this will cost you even more money - lol)

I play most 9 hole, unlimited games (weekly & monthly) just to see how well I rank with people in my Tier.

Lonnie is correct - better clubs will make a difference as will taking notes on each hole that you play.  By now, you know that some holes "play" longer or shorter that the stated distances. Notes help with this.

Good Luck!

P.S. If memory serves, you need an average around 65 (?) to move up to Tour Master, so don't worry about being "promoted" too soon.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:59 PM

Wheels65:
    P.S. If memory serves, you need an average around 65 (?) to move up to Tour Master,

63 I think bud.

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:21 PM

Weak memory!!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:46 PM

If u believe in Biorhythms then u will understand how everyone has highs and lows in this game, just as we do in life.

Just keep giving urself realistic targets, and the sense of achievement when u reach those targets will give u momentum.

1i

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:07 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    Just keep giving urself realistic targets, and the sense of achievement when u reach those targets will give u momentum.

This^^^

The adjustment can be rough but once you get used to the changes you'll love the challenge again.

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 2:38 PM

PaulTon:

oneeyedjohn:

This^^^

The adjustment can be rough but once you get used to the changes you'll love the challenge again.

As an example.  Before I made legend and got the tees in the parking lot, I was already playing practice games from those tees.   Therefor it wasn't as big of a shock when I advanced.  You can do the same thing with your tees and green speeds.  Ping G10's don't exist now but those took me into TM, then they became too short from TM tees.  Upgraded to longer clubs, still have them.  So what they say does work.  Treat each advancement as now playing a new golf course.  From the new tees it will be.

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:00 AM

Dear garky49/PaulTon,

You mean the tees are even further back, I thought I was already in the car park?, watched you on YouTube on Cabo # 5, you must be using a driver with the word Howitzer in it, I can't even drive to the roadway from Master tee never mind up & over the hill to that fabulous 400+ shot.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:11 AM

willy53:
    I thought I was already in the car park?

You are way short of the car park.

Better equipment exists to make Legend fun even if it is a challenge to start with.

RSS