Forums

Help › Forums

ADs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:19 PM (7 replies)
  • waynelokey
    28 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 9:30 AM

If you need to have ad's why is it half of them don't run right. I just tried to have a game and a Nissan ad run over 45 seconds and couldn't understand a thing on it. Can they be fixed to run the way they are suppose to.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:12 AM

waynelokey:

If you need to have ad's why is it half of them don't run right. I just tried to have a game and a Nissan ad run over 45 seconds and couldn't understand a thing on it. Can they be fixed to run the way they are suppose to.

Can you take a screenshot of the add you are referring to? Also, we do recommend clearing your cache and cookies if this ad continues to give you troubles.

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 10:28 AM

Install adblock. Ad Guard is the best if it is available for your browser. Go to extensions/add-ons, search ad guard or adblock, install, and no more ads, ever :-)

If you're on Maxthon, they only have their own and it doesn't block anything.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:08 AM
    jayw4862:

Not so. Adhunter ensures that I never see an ad anywhere.
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:21 AM

The newer versions of Comodo Dragon have the extension privdog which not only blocks 95% of the ads but it also blocks tracking cookies. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:51 AM

waynelokey:

In which respect did it not run right?

Which duration was indicated?

Why did you not understand it?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:01 PM

Anyone ever research the effect AdBlock has on the game client? Here's one article:

Adblock Plus is probably the reason Firefox and Chrome are such memory hogs

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:19 PM

courteneyfish:
    jayw4862:

Not so. Adhunter ensures that I never see an ad anywhere.

I use Maxthon 3 when I watch videos and it is loaded with ads. And adhunter is enabled. 

Andyson....you are right about adblock. It is a load. I switched to adguard and I use Ghostery which blocks all cookies. My adobe settings manager is always empty. 

RSS