Forums

Help › Forums

LOCKED AND LOADED

Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:49 PM (33 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:56 AM

Just read the post Scam/Trickery-I am just one of the daily, less than important players on WGT. Mediocre at best. Being one of the more outspoken ones, meaning not afraid to make a comment. I am really worried about our game here. The forums used to be full of players achievements, pleasant comments, suggestions to help other players, good news all the way around. Now it is almost a chore to read. I am guilty as all get off making comments. Why has this happened? Why has such a pleasant, fun endeavor became a non stop gripe session. I truly believe that we (the members of WGT) have stayed true to the cause. With the exemption of those who have made the game a joke with their trickery. Why doesn't WGT see what they have done to our beloved past time? We have all made friends from all over the world. We enjoy, actually love each other even if we have never met. I don't believe in making the big bucks fast, then letting things go to Hell. I would rather have constant growth with customer satisfaction, and repeat business. Again, I am one of the little people here, just my perspective. Any other thoughts?

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:27 AM

renniw52:
    Any other thoughts?

Hi 'Ren',

Reading your posts lately I'd swear your account had been hijacked.

I've always had you down as a positive type of guy - all I read now from you is negativity, negativity, and yes, even more negativity.

Think a name change may be appropriate, Rennihw52?

Sup man? Cheer up and care not a jot what others do - certainly don't let it get to you.

Btw seen you green plenty of times over the past while, sent invites, no response. Perhaps it's due to the 'not seeing invitations' bug that folk are suffering from?

I dunno for sure - not something I've experienced.

Step back from the abyss. Chillax and have fun.

Johnny.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:31 AM

Lute345:
    So then why, in my opinion, isn't there a WGT Players Association?

Firstly, very good objective post.

Yes the idea has been touted, requested and pushed for before but like most things on WGT, they get "what a good idea" and never acted upon.

I think the marketing department will email some individual members for their views on potential future developments, but not as a collective group.

At one stage a group of CC Owners were asked for their input, however to what extent these views had an impact on the CC features is unknown.

As for a boycott, it would never happen, and for a start the majority of WGT players do not even read the forum. If it did work I too fear development would just be shelved and we would suffer. As for playing to preserve a CDB, I do not see the point as there are no rewards.

Another point mentioned by enigma was earning free credits. This option is not available to me due to location - I can get 7 carousel views a day and only ever had 1 survey (I must have bombed badly lol) so I decline this opportunity.

But regardless, for me time is money, and the hourly rate of less than $5 per hour is not worth my time personally. For those that have the time then it is worthwhile, for me opening a wallet is preferable - my opportunity cost in other words.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 11:33 AM

WigerToods2010:

LOL Johnny

Here's a song to get us on track.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 12:08 PM

I didn't realize I was being negative. Thought i was just reflecting. My mistake again. Never saw an invite. I would have accepted right away.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 12:48 PM

renniw52:
    Never saw an invite.

This has happened regularly as of late.  I had a buddy text chatting on skype tell me to accept invite, except I didn't have one.  I suggested that he manually type my name instead of selecting from his friends list and then I finally got an invite.

Just thought I'd share that work-around.  Hope it helps.  

I'm on board for the low play no play game.  Not far from it already, this past weekend I played a total of two holes just to keep the days played streak going. :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 12:59 PM

I'm not trying to be negative, just making some comments. I guess I am taking wrong more than right. I'll refrain.

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 1:21 PM

Here's a good one for ya. Has anyone else ever had this message appear? " We're sorry, our servers are busy at this time. Please come back in" then it shows a timer!! Granted I've only been playing for a little over a year but I have never seen this message before.

What the hell is WGT doing to this game??

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 1:42 PM

alanti:

WigerToods2010:

LOL Johnny

Here's a song to get us on track.

Caps this topic,,,LOL! 

Honestly. These forums are nothing what they USE to be. There are about 10 maybe 15 regulars and about another 20 or 30 players who stop in from time to time.But not surprising when you realize nobody from programming gives a rats ass about these forums and there post. Things change man and thank God for the changes. As life evolves so do we. 

Evolve with the game man. New players, new features, hopefully in time some new course / courses. In the meantime keep in mind, there are very, VERY few people / players who come into these forums anymore so any advice or questions or ideas and suggestions you may have sometimes it may be a better idea to look at your friends list for answers.

As for kicking things around in these forums,,lol, well even that has become weak. Again because very few people even come in here, at least on a regular basis.

• rollone
    777 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 2:07 PM

hear ya renniw

RSS