Help › Forums

Purchasing balls

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 22 2015 10:00 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ericirwin
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 1:07 AM

Is it just my suspicious mind or has anyone else noticed that you can play maybe hundreds of rounds with the starter ball without losing one, but when you purchase balls you suddenly get unexpected stutters with the shot bar which causes you to lose a ball. 

I don't buy a lot of balls but any time i have i seem to lose them after about 6 or 7 rounds usually caused by a stutter in the shot bar. Put my suspicious mind at rest please.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 11:35 AM

ericirwin:

Is it just my suspicious mind or has anyone else noticed that you can play maybe hundreds of rounds with the starter ball without losing one, but when you purchase balls you suddenly get unexpected stutters with the shot bar which causes you to lose a ball. 

I don't buy a lot of balls but any time i have i seem to lose them after about 6 or 7 rounds usually caused by a stutter in the shot bar. Put my suspicious mind at rest please.

I lost 100's of the unlimited before I even started buying balls. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 12:37 PM

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 1:16 PM

ericirwin:
    ~i seem to lose them after about 6 or 7 rounds~
    Do you mean each ball or each sleeve?  I reckon 6-7 nine hole rounds is about par (no pun intended) for the life of a decent ball.

• lvion
    25 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 2:21 PM

It all depends on the life expectancy of the purchased balls. Notice it at the bottom of the benefit scale. Some last longer than others. I have learned to play with the best at all times and I get a decent life out of them. I've never experienced any issues with "shot bar stutters." 

• ericirwin
    3 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 4:07 PM

I am not referring to the life span of the ball as i realise that this will run out. Maybe it is just my imagination but i don't seem to get any stutters with the starter balls, but get them at vital moments with the purchased balls. Anyway onward and upwards.

• beerhauler
    40 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 5:40 PM

ericirwin:

No, it is not just that have noticed the above mentioned fact about the balls.  I have noticed that with certain balls I cannot even get one (1) round out of them before they are replaced by another.  I also have noticed a lot of "meter stutter" lately, usually resulting in a loss of a ball bought in the ProShop.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 6:21 PM

ericirwin:
    don't buy a lot of balls but any time i have i seem to lose them after about 6 or 7 rounds usually caused by a stutter in the shot bar. Put my suspicious mind at rest please.

And I am guessing you also do not clear your flash cache and cookies when you change equipment - this can lead to meter issues. Worth trying as I seldom lose a ball these days.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 8:16 PM

alanti:

......as I seldom lose a ball these days.

When u learn to it further than the end of ur nose u might say different

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 10:06 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    When u learn to it further than the end of ur nose u might say different

John...there is method in my madness.....putter off the tee usually keeps it on the short stuff.

• PAGES
RSS