Forums

Help › Forums

Continued downfall

Thu, May 7 2015 12:05 AM (56 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 6:24 PM

Oh yes I don't deny that some people have problems with pepperflash, just as I had problems with the regular flash player. I just deny that disabling it is the cure all for everyone ....

Strangely, I can now use pepper, or the regular flash player in Chrome with equal success, and I can even use Opera again, which I haven't been able to do for over a year. 

I might try Firefox again, or Dragon, or anything other than Safari or IE .... just to see how they play. 

Oh and when I use one version of flash in Chrome, I disable the others. I have three versions of flash, one is the regular pepperflash, one is entitled pepperflash debug, and the other is just the regular shockwave flash. All version 16.0 something or other ... I don't think I've tried the debug type yet but I might try it to see what it do ... :-)

To answer your post script : Because it used to happen when I used Opera back in 2009-10 ... sometimes my eye-hand co-ordination is spot on and other times, I'm lazy on the meter. I have a method of following the leading edge of the power bar during the downswing part way down the scale to determine if I want to abort the swing or not ... and then shifting my focus to where I want to click, and click at when I know is the right time, based on my peripheral vision. Usually when I miss late, I know it's because I've followed the line for too long. Sometimes it's because the meter has changed speeds ... 

Edit: I don't see enough justification for blaming pepperflash alone ...

2nd Edit: I also remember back in 2009 getting those horrible meter spikes when using the R9, where the power bar would jump in a milli-second nearly to the extreme right end of the scale ...

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 8:59 PM

donsprintr:

Oh yes I don't deny that some people have problems with pepperflash, just as I had problems with the regular flash player. I just deny that disabling it is the cure all for everyone ....

Strangely, I can now use pepper, or the regular flash player in Chrome with equal success, and I can even use Opera again, which I haven't been able to do for over a year. 

I might try Firefox again, or Dragon, or anything other than Safari or IE .... just to see how they play. 

Oh and when I use one version of flash in Chrome, I disable the others. I have three versions of flash, one is the regular pepperflash, one is entitled pepperflash debug, and the other is just the regular shockwave flash. All version 16.0 something or other ... I don't think I've tried the debug type yet but I might try it to see what it do ... :-)

To answer your post script : Because it used to happen when I used Opera back in 2009-10 ... sometimes my eye-hand co-ordination is spot on and other times, I'm lazy on the meter. I have a method of following the leading edge of the power bar during the downswing part way down the scale to determine if I want to abort the swing or not ... and then shifting my focus to where I want to click, and click at when I know is the right time, based on my peripheral vision. Usually when I miss late, I know it's because I've followed the line for too long. Sometimes it's because the meter has changed speeds ... 

Edit: I don't see enough justification for blaming pepperflash alone ...

2nd Edit: I also remember back in 2009 getting those horrible meter spikes when using the R9, where the power bar would jump in a milli-second nearly to the extreme right end of the scale ...

I use Commodo or Opera and do pretty well with both. Sometimes the mouse "freezes" and i have to reload to free it up. Not sure what the deal is, that has been within the last few weeks. Right now we're in a little one horse town called Cotulla,TX and part of the issue may be the strength of the wifi signal. Get occasional meter stutters but not like it used to be. I will grant there always seems to be an issue of some type every time they update----wish they could explain that one.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2015 12:37 AM

Google WGT and see their focus......It ain't your laptop.....It aint your mouse.....It's corporate investment. It aint you till you bend without breaking. Need a MOBILE GAME? EAGLES!HOLES IN ONE! FREEDOM!.....(sorry, nothing free here,Jack......Walk off, Kids)

Sold it, did ya? Wash yo hands and tell your closest friends the truth........Let us go on our terms.

Build a game with a cue ball you have to bruise your hand to hit a long drive.......I was there first generation and have a W2 to prove it. It changed too and I quit because it "evolved" beyond fun.

Easier for new players makes sense but doesn't fool us.

I referenced plenty of rantable subjects. I'm sure most of you don't take a second glance, but I think plenty of the original Big Shots have waved a white flag and didn't say a word 'till they cashed out.

Still think someone snuck out with the keys.......

~evadzxt~

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2015 8:07 AM

now where did I put that text? hmmmmmmmmm

• tonyb2004
    154 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2015 10:58 AM

I also had tons of problems with the meter and slow loading ect.. I bought a new pc and upgraded my internet speed..imagine..no problems at all..

My biggest problem now is the 5 1/2" course between my ears..

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2015 12:35 PM

l have played this game on a little notebook with a 10" Screen with good results, l dont believe the jerky meter ect has anything to do with pc,performance  most modern pc,Laptops will handle this game easily,

Remember its a server based game performance in my opinion is inline with how many people are playing ie low player numbers = Good playing conditions, High player numbers Pressure on the servers = Bad game performance in my opinion

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2015 4:53 PM

One bug that has yet to be rectified is with the flag-stick, i just hit the pin on bethpage hole 8 (the par 3), however i pulled the pin at the tee. I checked out the replay and it showed my ball hitting the very top of the pin even though it wasn't their. Happens on the green too, even if pin is pulled, ball still hits it. Hopefully you guys can look into that.. Thanks.

• tonyb2004
    154 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2015 10:00 AM

I use IE , a dedicated pc and 30mb internet connection...

No issues..not meter glitches or any of the problems I see talked about..

The only real problem is I stink...can't blame anyone but me for that.

Is the game perfect..no..but it's not as bad as made out to be..

• isgimpy
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2015 7:11 PM

WGTadmin:

Community members, we know there has been some issues popping up lately and we understand your frustrations. Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later and we can get you all back to just enjoying some WGT golf.

WGT

(ISGIMPY: We sent you a message via email address.)

WGTadmin:

Community members, we know there has been some issues popping up lately and we understand your frustrations. Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later and we can get you all back to just enjoying some WGT golf.

WGT

(ISGIMPY: We sent you a message via email address.)

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 3:10 PM

Another bug is with Balls. It asks you to buy more but you have more than one in your epuipment. 

I have 9 and it tried it again this morning.Sneaky money grabbing.

RSS