Forums

Help › Forums

Continued downfall

Thu, May 7 2015 12:05 AM (56 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:36 PM

PRIESTESS:
    When this many players are complaining about the same thing after an update Phil, its obvious a problem exists

WGT speaks up.

FWIW.

• Detroit500
    17 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:04 PM

Let me get this right. You can play a pretty good golf game for free and people are complaining ? I am having fun ...playing the shorter teas..playing about the same as I played as a 10 thirty years ago. As for me I just want to say THANKS !

• billyyorkie
    8 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 5:31 AM

And in the mean time return our money for lost balls this issue has caused????

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 10:59 AM

WGTadmin:

Community members, we know there has been some issues popping up lately and we understand your frustrations. Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later and we can get you all back to just enjoying some WGT golf.

WGT

(ISGIMPY: We sent you a message via email address.)

The invites used to work fine.  

What happened?  And why is it taking so long (first thread alerting you all to this issue goes back to Dec of 2014) to fix?

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 2:42 PM

What did you guys do today???Meter is unplayable again....geez

• zen4ttitude
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 3:03 PM

I've been a member for years and I urge anyone to not buy balls anymore. I have lost all of my recent ones in less than 6 shots. There is a definite bug or pattern of eliminating expensive balls from play as fast as possible. Is WGT running out of money that badly? Do they want us to contact the sponsors directly? Write to NIKE and let them know about this cheap money scheming? I am considering quitting, plain and simple. They have not replied to an email explaining the issue. I am asking for reimbursement, as all experiencing this same problem should.

• Tsalagiman
    11 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 3:54 PM

What did you guys do today???Meter is unplayable again....geez

[/quote]

They must have done something. I don't have meter problems, but the game just started freezing up again to the point of being unplayable.[quote user="Jresh0817"]

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 4:43 PM

No problems for me today, but then, I had severe problems yesterday morning. Apparently it's time of day and maybe server related. Also internet connectivity ... one of these (or more than one) could go a long way in explaining why it's good, then it's bad, then it's good, then it's bad ... and different people at different times. 

And as for that canard about "disabling pepperflash makes the game operate better" ? I've been using pepperflash nearly trouble free for over a year. I have the occasional meter speed changes, but if I recall correctly, there were those same meter speed changes back in 2009 and 2010 when I used Opera and the regular flash player ...

Some days and on some servers, the meter is better or worse at changing speeds during the downswing ... hopefully they stabilize everything before Virtual U.S. Open qualifying begins this year ...

• RBall11
    16 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 5:54 PM

To much money being spent here on balls and clubs for problems to continue and wgt seems to enjoy us spending but want fix problems will slow down playing and spending money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2015 6:05 PM

donsprintr:
    I've been using pepperflash nearly trouble free for over a year.

Then you're one of the lucky ones that can get away with it. I can vouch for what it does to the game because I've been setting up a backup laptop (exact match) and of course, the first thing that gets made right for me is WGT.

Having to DL a decent browser, I get stuck with the current version of Flash which, with Chrome, has that pepperflash nonsense included, not to mention version 16 point something of Flash. Invariably, I get that really strange click and miss where I know I nail the swing and it stops late. 

Disabling that pepper version always fixes the issue. I had to uninstall and reinstall Flash because of user error and this is how I am certain pepperflash causes issues-I found my error when I played and still got that mysterious lag. Apparently I did something wrong and the 2 versions of Flash were still enabled causing the lag. Kill the PF and all is good.  :-)

p.s., This was all only because of me setting up a new computer. I use ComodoDragon with Flash version 11.something for the game and it plays flawlessly. No exaggeration. Getting there is where I verified the pepperflash crap.  

p.p.s, How do you know your occasional late hit isn't a result of that and not you just missing?  ;-)

RSS