Forums

Help › Forums

Continued downfall

Thu, May 7 2015 12:05 AM (56 replies)
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:18 AM

Community members, we know there has been some issues popping up lately and we understand your frustrations. Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later and we can get you all back to just enjoying some WGT golf.

WGT

(ISGIMPY: We sent you a message via email address.)

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:21 AM

billyyorkie:

cant agree more 

Just back from a lengthy delay for maintenance and you got it the meter jumping all over cost me a very expensive ball ,,, just typical of the way this site is now maintained !!

Maybe the maintenance had nothing to do with any software upgrade! it may have been flooding caused by a leaky John in your wash rooms! therefore I suggest you send your software engineers in to try and rectify as they my prove a little more successful at this then what you pay them for 

I

yep jerky meter syndrome since downtime

:(

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:27 AM

WGTadmin:
    Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems.

Why don't you create a test group of actual players and allow them access to the version of the game with the latest update BEFORE you release it and head these issues off?

It's pretty obvious the latest update fouled up some stuff and you're scrambling to get it right but that's what happens when you blow the update install and let the players tell you, invariably with a good dose of frustration. This is getting old.

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:33 AM

thestevster:
    yep jerky meter syndrome since downtime
      never had a meter problem ever   today tried 4 shots  had to quit   didnt need anymore wedges and no 1 carries a hybrid you idiots

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:48 AM

YankeeJim:

WGTadmin:
    Both our QA team and the developers are diligently working on resolving the problems.

Why don't you create a test group of actual players and allow them access to the version of the game with the latest update BEFORE you release it and head these issues off?

It's pretty obvious the latest update fouled up some stuff and you're scrambling to get it right but that's what happens when you blow the update install and let the players tell you, invariably with a good dose of frustration. This is getting old.

LMFAO @ QA team - are they monkeys?

And I agree Jim, and has been said many times, a test group of players who could test the releases prior to going live is not difficult via a log on to the test release to uncover the issues.

Downside is possibly nothing would ever get released then (loss of potential revenue) as these programmers and so called QA team are incompetent.

• whiskydav
    11 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:48 AM

you were down for several hours today, nothing is working as it should mainly the meter it is costing me money to play this game I have suggested to my friends to boycott Wgt until you get it sorted Your sincerely very grumpy

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:53 AM

alanti:
    Downside is possibly nothing would ever get released then (loss of potential revenue) as these programmers and so called QA team are incompetent.

No not incompetent, It is more like they are putting too much work into both mobile versions and not nearly enough work on the web version. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:01 PM

borntobesting:
    No not incompetent, It is more like they are putting too much work into both mobile versions and not nearly enough work on the web version. 

How long before mobile platforms outnumber computers? I suspect they already do.  :-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:09 PM

borntobesting:

alanti:

Failing to test/troubleshoot an update before releasing it is incompetent.

Inability to fix a problem with multiplayer games that's due to a glitch in "low-level code" (the explanation given) is incompetent.

Neglecting to keep the flagship afloat (the web version) is incompetent.

edit: YJ makes an interesting point.  If the company's thrust is toward implementing the mobile version, I can see them letting the web version die without so much as a pang of regret, or notice to long-suffering customers.

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 12:14 PM

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:

How long before mobile platforms outnumber computers? I suspect they already do.  :-)

all ways said this is a computer game not meant for mobile phones even wgt says it..

What are the system requirements to play this game?

• Flash Player version 11.4 or higher (Get the latest version here)
    • Chrome users: Learn how to disable Pepper Flash here.
    • DSL-speed internet connection or faster
    • 2GHz processor or faster
    • 1GB RAM or higher, preferably 2GB or higher
    • 1024x768 screen resolution or higher, preferably 1280x800 or higher
    • Please check our forum post on how to optimize your system for the latest information.
    • Systems not meeting the recommended requirements may experience the occasional swing meter stutter or hesitation. Some players will experience improved performance using newer versions of Flash. If this is not the case and you experience more overall stutters or freezes, we recommend rolling back to previous versions of Flash.
    • We support the following desktop* browsers: * Mobile versions of these browsers may work, but are not officially supported

i know who i would rather play someone on a computer, not someone on a phone who loses there connection all the time

steve

RSS