Forums

Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:28 PM

Meter smooth on my end in SoCal , using Maxthon cloud browser, did notice some trails from my avatar when loading up the next screen, kinda gave me flashbacks of the 80s..    ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:33 PM

fatdan:
    How this temp fix, what versions of flash "does it work with"? I have the latest version and it isn't that one..

I have 11.9.900.117 with CD and never let it update. The Chrome version is up to 16.0.0.305 but I never play the game with it.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:35 PM

Here is the ding now for putting.....

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:37 PM

WGTadmin2:
    If you go to the WGT options tab in the menu and turn your flash quality to low, almost all the stuttering will go away.  Our new fix basically address an issue with the high quality setting for some versions of the flash player.

Appreciate you digging in like this.

FWIW I use a fairly reasonable (below real gaming) core i7 laptop for this game.  Does things like photo editing, HD video rendering in a breeze really to the extent I care.  OS is windows 7 (bang up to date), and Flash AFAIK latest  16.0.0.305 version.

In low setting the game played no better, neither in default view or gameclient fullscreen button was there any improvement.  Low setting looks pretty crumby too in all honesty, although guess would probably not affect actual game play.

Have to say I think any permanent fix is not the low res route, but get where you are going with this:)

Appreciate your work, but for now it's still a crumby experience.

As far as WGT INC. goes it's high time WGT got you guys the proper extra testing / whatever extra other resources you need.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:39 PM

This is the worst my rig has run.......I normally play w/ medium quality.

I'm not a computer guy (Might have to find some forum novel on this....), but it would be rather nice to not have to wish for yesterdays play quality.

I wouldn't go into my CC vs. CC match play game like this.....I'd be embarrassed.

Would never criticize effort on WGT's part, just givin' feedback.

~Dave~

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:43 PM

WGTadmin2:

If you go to the WGT options tab in the menu and turn your flash quality to low, almost all the stuttering will go away.  Our new fix basically address an issue with the high quality setting for some versions of the flash player.

I just tried this and I see no improvement at all. Why did you change something that was not broke, this makes the game totally unplayable grrr.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:46 PM

Golfspieler:

WGTadmin2:

I just tried this and I see no improvement at all. Why did you change something that was not broke, this makes the game totally unplayable grrr.

I tried it as well, absolutely no difference either.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:48 PM

YankeeJim:

I have 11.9.900.117 with CD and never let it update. The Chrome version is up to 16.0.0.305 but I never play the game with it.

I was running one of the 15.0.? because I had a problem I later found to be my firewall...but if you don't have the latest version FF keeps shutting it down and you constantly have to click on "allow", so I let it update and all was good until now...

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:49 PM

Tried all flash quality settings and noticed no distinguishable differences between any of them.  Meter still stutters, albeit fairly consistently.  Putter ding is still about 2 clicks right of center (ding line).  Looks like another band-aid fix attempt that isn't working.

Here is an update and thanks for your patience.  To give you a little context, based on the feedback by a majority of players we have been focused on 3 main issues for the last month or so.

1) swing meter stuttering

2) player disconnects

3) invites being lost

We put in a few changes for the swing meter in the release last night.  Clearly it made things worse for some folks.  We are guessing it has to do with the flash player version you are using.  For some versions it is better and in other versions it is far worse.  We apologize that we did not test for all the flash versions and let this into live.  We have a fix  and also rolled back a few of the changes which should resolve the majority of the meter issues, including the "ding" offset.    We do not have the facilities to test this fix for all flash versions and configurations, so yes you are going to be the test group for this.  I will keep you posted as to when this fix will go live and thank you ahead of time to give us feedback if it is better or worse (please be gentle we have feelings too).  

Guessing that the meter problem lies with the flash player folks are using.  Really?  I don't know squat about how online gaming programs work and I could have offered a guess at least that good.  Might be helpful if you let folks know what versions the meter works better and which are worse.  Or is that just another shot in the dark guess unsubstantiated by any actual experience or report?

Where is your response to the suggestion to restore the program to a previous state where the three major problems you noted above were not an issue?  Then test your updates before bringing them online and loosing business.  I for one won't be buying any more balls, equipment or pay for play tournaments until this nonsense is corrected.

Lar...on Maxthon Cloud, Win 7, 3.5 MHz AMD FX 6300, 16GB ram.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:51 PM

Umplayable and frustrating for me

Was good since a year  on comodo dragon and now disaster

I try explorer, firefox, chrome, opera,  safari, comodo dragon and now i will try maxthon, next chance maybe

RSS