Forums

Help › Forums

** Release notes - 2/25/15 **

Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:23 PM (315 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:41 AM

WOW  ,  my meter not fine at all ,      wow what is going on ,   I do not want to play ,or  this game not  fun anymore . I think it is time  to put  this( used to be great game) ,away for a  time .     still  can not understand WGT  giving us new equipment  and  not have fixed any  thing yet .     Sure Icon and shoe must be going nuts , I would be piss off.     Invite issue,  screen freezing up between holes , this morning  meter  issue, slow loading page  ,to name a few problems lately .        Time to take a beak from this virtual  game ,get out of the house and take some fresh air  .                                 See you all   some day soon I hope wen all late probs are fix .           Francois (Frapp)  

• RonnieCig
    50 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:43 AM

My meter resembles a sewing machine, I start everyday fresh, delete everything and it's been smooth for 6 months. Today using Maxthon3 it's virtually unplayable.

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:45 AM

I'm excited for the new changes, hopefully they don't come at a continued cost of poor performance in the rest of the game.

I'm happy to see the new clevelands, the half-tick increase in accuracy and meter speed  have me feeling really good about my short game in the near future!  The downside is that its going to cost me another $50 for the set when I just spent nearly $50 less than a month ago for practically the same clubs.

The 225 yd hybrid seems utterly pointless to unlock at level 88 (not 98).  99% of us that have played enough to reach such a level already have irons that cover that exact distance already and those that choose to still use very basic/starter clubs at such a high level aren't going to purchase it either for that very reason...they don't purchase ANYTHING.  Not to mention that there is already more than half a dozen of the same exact thing to choose from.  I hope your developers didn't spend a lot of time on this particular project because it's not going to sell at all.

While new courses are always a plus we already have a ton of "pitch n putt" and CTTH to choose from.  I know you said the full course would be coming in May but I personally would have released them together.  My question is whether or not this new course would be implemented into any "Best Of" WGT layouts or maybe even spawn the conception of a new one?

All in all anything "new" is good to a point.  I'd rather have seen time spent on the same stuff the majority are vocal about and less about the things nobody cares about...like the 225 hybrid, how sue decides to cheat when we all already know she isn't worth a lick on the course anyways etc.  But in the end thank you for the updates, I look forward to seeing more thought-out clubs/courses and fixes in the future.

-E

• TheDuckinator
    1,691 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:46 AM

Improvements and Fixes

·         Multiplayer Game Invites – There is an issue occasionally affecting some players where game invites aren’t being received, we are still working on getting this fixed as soon as possible and appreciate the players who have been working with us to provide helpful feedback.........

Really? This is a nightmare! I can't believe WGT could allow this to continue. Every other issue should be put aside until this is fixed. It takes a least 1/2 hour to get a game going with friends. Last night myself and 2 members of my club wanted to play a round. It took 45 mins before the 3 of us were able to play. I understand that since this is not a revenue generating update, WGT does not put a high priority on fixing it, but if this continues you will see a big decrease in revenue because people will just quit playing....

Duck

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts

Re: the Downtime my verdict since playing a Tourny, the  metering was very jerky and the whole gameing running from snap shot to snapshot was juttery and out of synch  will try again later today l exspect things will settle down eventualy.

Dave

• Spammage
    694 Posts

Yep - my putting "ding" line is apparently off as well.  I get the "Excellent" ding about 1/8" beyond the actual shown ding line.  Greatness WGT.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:51 AM

meter here is all garbaged up too.  Even the ball in flight is choppy. 

Time for WGT to clear their cache??????  They'll need to do something, I'm not sure anyone would play with the current meter.

• stallion860
    3,312 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:52 AM

Spammage:

Yep - my putting "ding" line is apparently off as well.  I get the "Excellent" ding about 1/8" beyond the actual shown ding line.  Greatness WGT.

Same here with the putting "ding" having moved 1/8 late yet hear nothing when clearly on the ding and with the meter having gone to complete **** today it's hard to try to screen capture it as I'm rarely hitting it..Or am I hitting it?C'mon Man.

• Saurabh08
    184 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:53 AM

While putting, I'm getting the ding 2-4 mm after the ding line. Can anyone beat that? lol

The abbreviated shot meter sucks. Don't remember it this good in a long time.

I guess WGT couldn't find a better solution to not letting anyone score too low. ROFLMAO

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:54 AM

On a side note I'm terrified to log in if the meter is as bad as everyone is saying.  I was in the middle of a RG when the game went down for the update and I was having a respectable round which I intend to finish whenever I log back in.  I'd like to do that now but not if whatever these meter issues are are going to cost me real world $.

Also I hope this is specific to just me but since the update I can't sell any of my old clubs back to upgrade to the new clevelands...and before anyone suggests it no none of what I want to sell back is "equipped" in ANY of my configurations

RSS