Forums

Help › Forums

*** Green dots update ***

Sun, May 17 2015 6:08 PM (564 replies)
  • Ianzzz
    6,348 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:38 PM

WGTicon:

thanks for the feedback. as you can imagine, it's not exactly easy to get it right. I spent few hours on it and they looked good to me..... but you all are saying that they don't... 

-wgticon

So who had the bright idea to change them in the first place?

There seems to be too much fiddling with bits of the game for no gain other than to annoy the masses. What is the point and who was asked about it , if anyone, beforehand.

WGTicon:

so, I will do my best to get them to revisit the topic, so hopefully we can improve on it.

Is that the polite way of saying that it is done and will not be changed againso "tough, deal with it?!" - we do not want "improvement" we want a stability of the game.  It started off badly when the rough was altered and now the green dots - what will be next, not putting the tee in the ground straight so the drives are off??

Not a good idea

Ian

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:28 PM

We will review this again since there is much feedback concerning the changes. Just know the purpose is to have a smooth meter in the long run and sometimes there are bumps along the way. Thank you for your support and your understanding.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:34 PM

Hi my dear master player

I agree that the green dots problem is not good. But hopefully WGT will fix it soon :-)

BUT you know, the reason I wrote this post was; Do you REALLY know who is PATHETIC?

Nevermind, I just gets a tiny tired, when a player with 5 ranked rounds talks like that.....

Have a nice day!

Peter

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:35 PM

WGTadmin:

We will review this again since there is much feedback concerning the changes. Just know the purpose is to have a smooth meter in the long run and sometimes there are bumps along the way. Thank you for your support and your understanding.

I think people do understand, and not trying to be obtuse here.  The testing resource needs looking at huge though.

See it just from my view:

All I have done is play less this year......

Invites that hardly work, muiti-play everyone pleased if a game actual completes, slow loads too often everywhere and and...

The only thing that has not missed a beat are price hikes.  I guess we must be due for another nonsense of the year Event that you can hardly drag enough to play, and for v good reason cos it's crap.

On the plus side the RG person is off sick after they got half way through the job ,as usual, and so not missing much that I would look at anyway.

Value wise this place is at a very low point.....Sorry but no other way of saying it.

My meter was fine anyway.  At least on this one ( green dot speeds) please say when you have finished playing with it for the last time soon - as said.  

Like I say take it in spirit intended, but needs to be demonstrated just how much I feel has gone south......................I also do not want or see why I should trudge through anything, and so my play tails off el rapido.............Seen some balls ups lately but the last downtime easily takes the biscuit, and that  is no easy task.

Looking forward to better times.

• iancl147
    689 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:38 PM

Give me a choppy meter over something so fundamental as putting consistency any day.

I am outraged at this latest development?!

Get this sorted as a high priority. I won't be playing until I see feedback that this issue has been addressed. It's completely absurd.

Furthermore, how can anyone with any knowledge of the game not see the change on the greens? WGTIcon....do you even play?

Absolute disgrace!

• DanC2807
    1,019 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:25 PM

After playing for over 3 years, I shouldn't have to "guess" where to line up a putt.  It has been unplayable today.  Too frustrating to continue I think.  Hope you return the greens to their previous conditions soon.  Good luck.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 6:41 PM

How did we get to f'ed grid dots to improve the meter when you just fixed to meter by shutting down the program that is f'ing it up when everyone was abandoning ship after the update...are racing meters really that important to you!

Tried to play STA and got high winds into my face for 1st 5 holes....nothing but high wind for TL's takes the fun out of the game, I don't play high winds in real life...

Playing your a$$ off to get to the pinnacle is a huge mistake looking back, I thought it to be a worthwhile challenge to undertake but after you get there, the fun is gone...

Hope my game doesn't go tooo far south playing CTTH w/ free balls, but I see no reason to continue playing when you have jacked up every aspect of game play for the last year trying to improve it, IMPROVE IT, REALLY!!...pitiful!

• GolferDadRB
    1,079 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:11 PM

Well, the putting dots on the greens have gone from  ridiculous  fast (but they slowed when you change views) to a now pitiful slow.  The only way to make a putt is by memory, because the dots do not give an accurate or  consistent indication of break.

The first thing I think a computer programmer must learn is the old  adage...

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

• bassmaster60
    126 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:33 PM

so if im correct some players arent aloud to comment peter if they dont meet your standards. check yourself.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2015 7:53 PM

RSS