Forums

Help › Forums

Rory gets metered at Doral.

Mon, Mar 9 2015 3:51 PM (37 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 6:36 AM

filmslayer:
    still the parents job to inform the kid that only a very low % of people make it to that level and prepare them for real life ...
    Yep, tough job being a parent and it's not for me.  : )

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 6:49 AM

Rory was double-crossed.  Haha!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 7:09 AM

ScottHope:
    Yep, tough job being a parent and it's not for me.  : )

agreed !!! me either ...

• Luciano18
    317 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 7:46 AM

My nickel (we don't have pennies anymore up here hahaha)

Kids see and imitate and emulate - what everyone does they notice -positive and negative

I see it at times as looking for attention

You guys correct - Parents have to set the parameters and boundaries

As for Rory's club toss - tennis has a penalty point for "Abuse of Racquet" -maybe golf should look at that kind of idea

Add a Stroke penalty (DQ might be too harsh methinks) and you'll see less of that for sure

L F

• MWirthless
    268 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 7:56 AM

It's a known fact that Nike is rory's sponsor. I'm sure they're not too happy to see their club go into the drink.

• DogLicense
    82 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 7:58 AM

If athletes or celebrities for that matter are not role models why do they receive millions of dollars to promote, advertise or even sell products.

I first saw Rory when he burst on to the world stage at the 2007 Open Championship at Carnoustie when he wes 17 or 18 years of age. I find it hard to imagine him being so petulant at that event. Stardom is going to his head!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:30 AM

Rory  is human after all ......    before I  say anything bad about Rory ,I will look in the mirror ,I done worst  when frustrated  lolllll . 

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:49 AM

frappefort:

Rory  is human after all ......    before I  say anything bad about Rory ,I will look in the mirror ,I done worst  when frustrated  lolllll . 

I agree, though I can't afford to replace clubs thrown in a lake. That said, whether he likes it or not, being a "role model" comes with the national exposure and #1 ranking.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 9:24 AM

Watching the game on TV now and they were sayin that Nike built another 3 iron to his specs within a hour and had it sent overnight to the event for him .

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 10:13 AM

^^^^^ LOL

RSS