Forums

Help › Forums

Rory gets metered at Doral.

Mon, Mar 9 2015 3:51 PM (37 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 10:24 AM
    Are clubs still serviceable after they've been in the water?
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 11:51 AM

ScottHope:

Are clubs still serviceable after they've been in the water?

It depends on the type of grip the club has. A good quality rubber grip yes just dry off the grip. But for leather and some other type compound grip types the club will have to have the grip replaced before using it. 

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 1:16 PM
    Thanks b2b. I was just wondering whether there would be anything to gain by anyone attempting to recover Rorys club.
  • Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2015 1:35 PM

MWirthless:
    It's a known fact that Nike is rory's sponsor. I'm sure they're not too happy to see their club go into the drink.

Au Contraire, mon frere!  I think they're plenty happy.  Great publicity.  And golfers will get a bug chuckle out of it because they've been there.  Trust me, they're happy about it.  As long as Rory doesn't do it 50 more times (because then he'll just look like a big baby), then they will be more than happy to part with that 3 iron.

Cheers.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 6:04 AM

A cheaper alternative...

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 7:25 AM

a scuba diver retrieved the club yesterday ...  

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 8:43 AM
    Was that an official scuba recovery team or an opportunist?

Okay....just Googled it....looks like just a random guy.

Came up trumps by the look of it! Hahahaha.  : )

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 9:30 AM

ScottHope:

Thanks b2b. I was just wondering whether there would be anything to gain by anyone attempting to recover Rorys club.

This   stick   is worth   a lot of $$$$$     ,  some guys offered  3,000 $$   for it already ,  and it is going up ..........            wish I had it  lollllll.

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2015 9:35 AM
    Hehe, if Rory can't make a decent shot with it Francois, it can't be that good.  : )
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2015 3:09 AM

Interesting thread guys. I think it's unreasonable to expect them to always be perfect gentlemen on the course. If they were unemotional mutes, then how can they stay competitive?> 

Many times, during my broadcasts, I have to censor myself because as some of you who played with me before know, I can get real frustrated.

They are only stars because we put them on that pedestal. To me, they are just like us, flawed humans.

-wgticon

RSS