Help › Forums

hi want levels and averages

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 23 2015 7:36 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thekidispure
    104 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 11:04 AM

looking for level up averages for a friend.and a putting distance for each level .thank you all

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 11:33 AM

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 2:05 PM

thekidispure:
    looking for level up averages

(100), 80, 72, 67, 63, 61, 60, but they are for tiers.

thekidispure:
    and a putting distance for each level

These are equal for all, in feet: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 4:49 PM

5,5.5,6,6.5,7,7.5,8 oh wait, those are feet per first movement, my putter, different green speeds, yours might be different.  Lets see Slow, Standard, Fast(9), Fast(10)/Very Fast(10), Very Fast(11), Tournament(12), and Championship(13)...You figure out which tier is which.

And no, you will not find them anywhere, you have to figure them out.

And before anyone asks.  I have seen that fast/very fast 10 listed both ways on the course.  Do they both putt the same?  Sure don't.

Used to see Tournament listed as both 11 or 12, but haven't seen for awhile, only the 12.  Also have seen a Standard listed as 7.9. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2015 11:10 PM

garyk49:

IBTD: there are putting tables - a good search keyword BTW.

garyk49:
    I have seen that fast/very fast 10 listed both ways on the course. Do they both putt the same?  Sure don't.

Stimp numbers vary with the same text description, like 10 and 10.4, causing slight variations of the speeds. Have no significant knowledge of "fast" any more ;)

garyk49:
    Tournament listed as both 11 or 12, but haven't seen for awhile, only the 12.

These are two different speeds, "Tour Master Tournament" (11) and "Legend Tournament" (12). Have you turned Legend "awhile" ago?

Standard for Standard is 7.9.

• thekidispure
    104 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 5:23 AM

thanks gary im a tour legend i know them but i m looking for a chart for a friend thanks tho.

• thekidispure
    104 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 5:24 AM

thank you alosso

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 6:11 AM

alosso:

garyk49:

Stimp numbers vary with the same text description, like 10 and 10.4, causing slight variations of the speeds. Have no significant knowledge of "fast" any more ;)

garyk49:
    Tournament listed as both 11 or 12, but haven't seen 11 for awhile, only the 12.

These are two different speeds, "Tour Master Tournament" (11) and "Legend Tournament" (12). Have you turned Legend "awhile" ago?

Standard for Standard is 7.9.

I am fully aware of the OLD Tour Master/Legend Tournament speeds.  That terminology was used before the Champ speed was brought out.  Remember Champ was only used on MAJOR Tournaments.  This was all before WGT decide to add stimp to speed description.

Speeds are now listed Slow through Championship, along with a stimp number, in most cases.  Don't remember seeing a stimp associated with Slow and most of the time you don't see one with Standard.  Sometimes Standard will be shown with a 7.9, but very seldom.

When WGT first started using stimp you would see both Tournament 11 and Tournament 12, hence the old Tour Master/Legend speeds.

Have not seen a Tournament 11 listed in quite some while, only the 12.(corrected in the quote as I omitted the 11, and restated here)

But have seen Fast listed as both a 9 or a 10.  Also have seen Very Fast listed as both a 10 and a 11.

I believe from experience the Very Fast 11 is actually the old Tour Master Tournament speed. 

If you see Fast 10 or Very Fast 10 both putt about the same, at a speed that is inbetween Fast 9 and Very Fast 11.  It appeared 1 day quite some time ago as a new green speed.

The OP wanted something handed to him, looking at the posts no one was going to do that.  He can look around himself.  If it was asked differently, maybe my answer would have been different.

My putting chart is my own, based on my putter, different speeds, per each movement.  It was built along time ago based on info Icon posted concerning putting distance.

Let the OP work for it.

Arsehole, maybe, just tired of the gimme society.  Even your original answer was as off the wall as mine was.

And Yes I did turn Legend awhile ago.  Was a Master and not near advancement when WGT made the big change to tiers, woke up as a Tour Master.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 6:26 AM

garyk49:
    When WGT first started using stimp you would see both Tournament 11 and Tournament 12, hence the old Tour Master/Legend speeds.

Have not seen a Tournament 11 listed in quite some while, only the 12.

They are still active. Our games in the Clashes were on Tournament 11, while solo Legend games are on T. 12. By tiering up, the former are out of your sight probably.

"Slow" should be 7 Stimp AFAIK.

Otherwise, there's a lot of variation visible, which I appreciate. Even the extra fast speeds for the CCs provide some fun in special tourneys.

I did an ultrafast Putting CTTH (40 Stimp), and another member created a superfast uneven lies tourney on Bandon - green mishits punished by UEL, safe hits to green centers punished by long daring downhill putts on 20 stimp. Delicious!

• garyk49
    2,329 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 6:39 AM

alosso:

"Slow" should be 7 Stimp AFAIK.

Quite possibility correct.  The other stimps closely follow my 45 scale for my putter.  Standard is 8, hence also the 7.9.  Slow would be 7 using that information.

my 45 scale as follows

slow 7

standard 8

fast 9

the new speed 10

very fast 11

tournament 11.5

championship 13

If you can recall and even now, there is not that much difference between stimp 11 and 12.  In most cases its only about .5 feet.  Again this is only distance we are talking about.  Break is another subject altogether.  Charts for that you will find nowhere.  Confusing instructions, yes you can find.

• PAGES
RSS