Forums

Help › Forums

why

Mon, Dec 13 2010 7:56 AM (23 replies)
  • madlorro
    34 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:32 AM

why why why did i start this game, looked on the forums and they all say the same thing you will get hooked, did not listen to advice, and now, you guessed it i'm hooked. love playing the game, great advice from all the pro's, thank you for this.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 6:19 AM

*Edited out!*

• Shermanator91
    35 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 2:16 PM

Umm Doodles - You should play every course. Your average may suffer but you are more competitive as a result. If you only play on St. Andrews and Kiwah, you will never place and as a result never earn credits in any of the stroke play and ready-go tourneys which take place on the tougher courses.

It may not seem like the right thing to do now but play all courses and submit every score! It will make you a better golfer when you advance tiers!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 2:35 PM

SgtDoodles:

4. NEVER EVER BUY BALLS!!!

Definitely,ignore this portion of the post.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 2:49 PM

Sherman offers some very sound advice. 

• supermex79
    31 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2010 8:43 PM

I must admit...it was suggested that I buy different balls to go with my ping driver..and it does reallydid make a difference..I just wish they lasted longer..I stay away from the water courses if i can..because you lose them forever..my buddy uses starter everything and he still gets the longest drives...I don't get it...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 5:58 AM

Sgtdoodles, what a horrendous, biasted advice.

You may enjoy playing 2 easiest courses (kiawah/STA) perpetuity, but I sure hope most people actually enjoy playing all of the courses.

Playing 2 easiest courses will skew your average, so when you rush and become legend, there is nothing we can do. You tricked the system, not us. I adore oakmont and bethpage provides a very hard course to play on. Both are gorgeous.

-wgticon

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:01 AM

Sorry about the advice. I did literally just try Oakmont full 18 and I got -3.

Doodles

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:15 AM

WGTicon:

Sgtdoodles, what a horrendous, biasted advice.

You may enjoy playing 2 easiest courses (kiawah/STA) perpetuity, but I sure hope most people actually enjoy playing all of the courses.

Playing 2 easiest courses will skew your average, so when you rush and become legend, there is nothing we can do. You tricked the system, not us. I adore oakmont and bethpage provides a very hard course to play on. Both are gorgeous.

-wgticon

I have to agree, often following these directions results in someone railing about how the game is so hard here on the forum. I wish I had a dollar for everyone that became a legend or master because of this.. Thanks Icon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:50 AM

SgtDoodles:

Sorry about the advice. I did literally just try Oakmont full 18 and I got -3.

Doodles

In practice mode of course.

RSS