Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing my tier levels

Tue, Jan 25 2011 1:08 PM (3 replies)
  • shawnboy1
    27 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 4:33 PM

I started off as a Hack and as my scoring average improved I advanced to amatuer and now to pro. My question is at what scoring level averages will I advance to tour pro, master and legend? I have played in blitz's and noticed a tour pro had a higher scoring average than me at pro. I'm confused on when to expect to to achieve my next ranking.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:04 AM

Before you joined, our scoring average was the 10 best of the last 14 rated rounds.  We'd move up when our average hit a certain number and not before.  Today, our average is more like a handicap in real golf.  A measurement of potential with little or no consideration given to poor play, which can also dissuade Sandbagging.    

I suspect now, as in the past, it is not unusual for a player to have a higher average than they had in previous tiers.  That's because once you are promoted there is no going back.  And since our average is suppose to be based on play within our tiers, it only seems logical that these measurements will spike until adjustments to new tees, faster wind conditions and faster greens are made.

Joey

• wingo5
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 11:09 AM

Joeyola:
    That's because once you are promoted there is no going back

joey,

just read yr post...iv asked why a player cannot go back once promoted, & have not yet received a good answer on WHY NOT?

wingo5

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 1:08 PM

wingo5:

Joeyola:
    That's because once you are promoted there is no going back

joey,

just read yr post...iv asked why a player cannot go back once promoted, & have not yet received a good answer on WHY NOT?

wingo5

Because it would be a sandbaggers dream come true.    

Cheers,

b0gey

RSS