Forums

Help › Forums

General comments and observations from a newbie. Would like some feedback.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 10 2015 9:15 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Randron
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 6:46 AM

I  joined WGT only a few short weeks ago and have really enjoyed it.  I've played a lot of golf games over the years and generally adapt quickly.  There's a lot to like about WGT but it seems like this can be an expensive proposition and I'd like to get some feedback.  I've spent some money to buy good equipment which of course is the key to scoring low and you need to score low if you want to win or place in tourneys to earn credits.  The challenge I see is that the purses are not large enough to really sustain play without having to spend some significant money..or at least what I consider significant for an online game.  It seems to me that it boils down to the golf balls.  Buying good clubs will get you 80 or 90% of the way there but you need a good ball with a slow meter, spin etc.. which is really key to scoring really low.  A three pack of, say Callaway 34+, balls costs 450 credits which will last me maybe nine rounds?  If I play a round or two a day, and sometimes more, I'll buy at least a couple of packs a week.  I could easily spend 2000-3000 credits a month in just balls but don't see anyway i can offset that with potential earnings.  Maybe there are better ways to earn credits so I would like to get your feedback.  I'm not begrudging WGT from making money because you've got to pay to play but if I'm going to play this game consistently its got to be cost effective.  Oh and save the comments on signing up for free products etc...My spam folder is already full and I prefer to protect my privacy.   Look forward to your feedback.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:14 AM

How can fun & leisure be cost effective?

You may decide how much money you want to spend here, or how much time you'd like to spend in surveys and videos. Be patient  for the latter, more patient than me. (I gladly spend 10 bucks a week or 10 bucks a month for my leisure)

Then, much later, once you have all the tricks of the trade, you may receive some credits from RGs, challenges etc. Don't look back to the credits you had to spend for better and best equipment, for loads of balls needed in practice.

And in between you're likely to be fleeced by some multiaccounting b*st*rds.

Better look for some friends, for a nice CC, and look for fun! You are to decide what you want...

Would you accept some hints?

- drop the expensive balls! As a Tour Pro, you might try out these: Tour SD (65 cr), Srixon (180? cr), L33 Cally (250 cr).

- drop the Starter and the L8 Cleve wedges, and get yourself two short ATVs (L38).

Most of all: Have fun!!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:20 AM

Do a search on surveys or free credits or peanut labs...learn to use the surveys, it would take a novel not a post to answer your question...lol

there are some you want to avoid, some easy to manipulate..some of the offers(not surveys) pay but most don't without filing a complaint...

most people here never spend a dime of their own money...I personally bring up 2-3 browsers and do them while watching a game or the news....

when watching videos as soon as the red sign "earn more credits" appears click it, u already have the points...

set up a hotmail email account you never use, if they ask for a email use that, never ever use your own....NEVER give them your real name, number, or address, just close those...

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:27 AM

Randron:
     Oh and save the comments on signing up for free products etc...My spam folder is already full and I prefer to protect my privacy.  

No need, if you're willing to put in the time.  Hate to think how many hours I've spent 'watching' video's (nobody REALLY watches them, do they??), but since I discovered the 'watch video' link under 'Earn Free Credits' about 3 years ago I have always the clubs and balls I want and plenty extra to be able to do a bit of gifting to my friends.

Boring and boring can be, but you never have to divulge any 'personal' info and give e-mail, just sit there mindless clicking 'next page' every 20 seconds or so.

Thomas

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 11:19 AM

You're not at the stage in your game where this should matter to you.  For the first several dozen levels, buying clubs is a complete waste.  You level up too quickly in the beginning that what you have becomes obsolete in a week or two.

Take this time to hold on to your credits and learn the nuances of earning free credits through WGT.  Once you get that down, perhaps you'll be a high enough level that buying a club will actually have a decent shelf life.  Oh, and I'd bet that the overwhelming majority of people here do not use their "real" email for WGT insofar as surveys and what-not.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 11:36 AM

Randron:
    it seems like this can be an expensive proposition and I'd like to get some feedback.

I have been here for about 6 years and have averaged spending around $100 per month for about 3 years. I don't gamble nor do surveys. I buy what I please, when I please, and I enjoy gifting players when the mood strikes me. We all find our pleasures in different ways. WGT is one of mine. ~ SP ~

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 1:32 PM

Randron:
    Look forward to your feedback.

Use paragraphs. 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 2:27 PM

YankeeJim:

Randron:
    Look forward to your feedback.

Use paragraphs. 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 2:28 PM

Fmagnets is the greatest! 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2015 4:55 PM

Heath021:

Fmagnets is the greatest! 

He is amazing, no question about it and a Gentleman of the first order. Along with Poldimaier, Sebicu, Bollox, Dansamcam, Agassi....all about equal, all the best we have currently. If you ever want to peek at the best ever, look up tibbets and be shocked at his variety of stats-awards-etc...been retired along time. As for the current crop, we will find out at the upcoming VUSO ;-}

• PAGES
RSS