Forums

Help › Forums

the best Browsers to use.

Fri, Dec 23 2016 4:08 PM (33 replies)
  • snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 4:45 PM

Well, I have windows 10 and Waterfox bombed. I am left with Edge and Vivaldi, but 2 options are better than none LOL

Always willing to try new options or I wouldn't have stumbled upon Vivaldi, which works with my computer at the moment.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 4:34 AM

I tried Vivaldi this morning and it only took a single  9 hole round to realize how poorly it runs on my system. I had many stutters with it that I don't get with any other browser and a couple of huge spikes. Wont be using it again.

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 8:05 AM

Didn't know it was so system sensitive, guess the only way to find out is to try things, but it is interesting to note that results an be dramatically different.Trial and error seem to be the only way to see which browsers work. The good news is that browsers can be deleted. I've done it at least a dozen times.

• tjune2016
    588 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 9:31 AM

Best one i found to use on here is Maxthon Cloud, Edge is also good .

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 11:32 AM

Edge and Vivaldi both work on my computer, but Max Cloud had the yips like every other browser I've tried. Only cure for browsers seems to be process of elimination.

• buzzkiller53
    14 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:48 AM

I tried Maxthon yesterday. It seemed nice and smooth until I clicked the mouse the second time on the shot....it took about a full second to respond each time. Any suggestions?

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 12:56 PM

i use  SLIMJET works fine for me

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 9:17 AM

Thanks for the tip:

adaputter:

i use  SLIMJET works fine for me

Just Downloaded Slimjet after reading the post. It is fast on my computer and if it lives up to it's promises, then it's even better. I like to keep an extra browser or two in the bullpen in case the starting pitcher blows up.

Slimjet: Fastest web browser that blocks all ads and protects your privacy

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:52 PM

Speaking of Browsers. If you have tried all the brand names, the dragons, foxes, clouds and jets and you are still getting a stuttering meter, then here is a short list of off Broadway browsers that perhaps are less known but are working fine with no skips and yips on my windows 10 system.

I was forced to shop for browsers again after even Slimjet Chrome, Maxthon. Torch, Edge and Opera got a case of the jitters. Here's the list of little known browsers that are all working well with my computer. You may also, depending on your system, need to close all other windows and/or set flash quality to High or Medium instead of Best. 

I am at champion level with a 53.19 average; not great, but not too terrible when you factor in the senior discount. LOL

The List: Vivaldi, Avant, Yandex, & SRWware Iron

I keep all of these on my task bar as insurance in case one of them goes bad like cottage cheese left in the back of the fridge for a year.

Good Luck

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:39 AM

A lot of what makes your meter run smoothly is how much memory your computer has. With my old PC I had only 2 gigs and had to use game booster or G Boost to have a smooth meter. With my the PC I'm using now I have 4 gig and have a smooth meter with almost all browsers. The more memory the better WGT will run.

Only Vivaldi and Pale Moon run poorly on this PC. Those 2 browsers look like they are dancing the jitterbug. 

RSS