Help › Forums

Scoring Average

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2015 4:52 PM (4 replies)
  • Airborne5657
    50 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 11:02 AM

I had reached the Master Level when reaching an average score of 67.00

Today I played a CC Tournament and shot 3 over.

Now my Average is 76.00.

WTF?!

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 3:18 PM

When you tier up, your average resets.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 3:21 PM

When you advance to another tier all the rank stroke play games begin to count towards your average again. Once you've met the quota of required games the better (lower) scores will begin to erase the higher ones. This is why your average shot up. Eventually it will begin to decrease. 

-WGTyphoon

• Airborne5657
    50 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 4:52 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I was in a match with a Legend level player and he explained the same to me.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2015 5:14 PM

From the FAQ Home section over to the right ------->

What is my Average Score?

Your Average Score will be based on multiple best scores within ONLY your current Tier, not scores that you shot when in previous Tiers, which better reflects your current skill competing with the tee boxes and green speeds in your current Tier. Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier. So be sure to finish all your rounds and gain the extra experience points, as a bad day won’t matter. Please note that scores from the Best of Par 3 stroke play course will not be counted towards your Tier ranking.

It's worth taking a quick stroll through the FAQ; the answers to a ton of questions regarding the game play are answered there already. The FAQs are fairly well organized and referring to them occasionally can save you a bunch of time and grief.

RSS