Forums

Help › Forums

A thank you note to our service department

Tue, Jun 9 2015 11:51 AM (7 replies)
  • DuwayneCook
    53 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:28 PM

I've been a wgt member for 3years 7 months, and must say you folks in service are the greatest.
    You've always been there for me with help and advice that has really helped my game, and usually on the same day I start my bitching and moaning.
    To tell the truth I don't know how you handle all the crap that gets thrown at you, usually by our own errors, as well as some fine tuning (hahahaha, nice way to put it ) done by those ever so clever programers.
    What many folks don't understand is none of the problems we get into are your responsibly, but you get our poison just the same.
    All I can say is thank you folks in service, You've been more than kind to me even when I didn't deserve it. Thank you Thank you, Very best to all. Duwayne

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 12:04 AM

wow those drugs you using seem goooood where can i get some

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 12:21 AM

Are we talking about the same game???   The same programmers?????

Or did I just go to heaven?

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 1:02 AM

I guess he's referring to Icon, Sham, Shoe (where's he gone by the way?) and the others who offer help in the forums.  They really do have to deal with a lot of abuse over issues they have no control over.

If he's referring to customer support then I have to say my limited experience has been good but from what I've heard in our CC forums there appear to be a lot of automated replies that have nothing to do with what was actually asked.  Not good there WGT.

Icon has and will, as long as he doesn't spontaneously explode one day, continue to be my first line of help.  He gets lots of stick because of the stock answer about clearing your cache and so on but the fact is this very often works.  Icon can't be blamed for giving the same answer 10 times a day when the same question is being asked an equal number of times.

It ain't all bad here, it just sometimes looks that way.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 1:29 AM

I agree MM, that Icon and DB do a very good job in difficult circumstances - I certainly would want their jobs as it is a thankless task.

I have only used CS a few times, a couple of those times the outcome was satisfactory and actioned within an acceptable time. The other time was a computer generated answer that missed the mark by a country mile....VEM in their canned responses?

My gripe is with those above Icon and Co. in the food chain, the ones who make very questionable product development decisions, the incompetent programmers and the lack of information that is offered to their customers...the players. Sadly it is Icon and Co. left to mop up their mess.

There is no visible leadership at WGT and despite Chad supposedly the "face of the company" he is more like a sleeping partner or a lost soul.

What is bad are the constant issues that afflict the game play, the blue screen saga just the latest in a plethora of bugs that make this game so frustrating. 

Bad for the users and ultimately bad for the company as they lose more customers.

• DuwayneCook
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 6:25 AM

They are called Tequila, they really help while playing on WGT. hahahaha.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 11:51 AM

DuwayneCook:

They are called Tequila, they really help while playing on WGT. hahahaha.

Clever turn of phrase Duwayne!
    Well played Sir.

Regards, I am Yancy

RSS