Forums

Help › Forums

hi

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:06 AM (7 replies)
  • GaryofRenton
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:56 PM

5th day playing, findin some frustration today.  My shot meter and choices are not being accepted by the game correctly and the ball is going all over the place. First few days was fine, but today I am for one place and it seems to take on a mind of its own as to where it takes the ball!

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 4:29 PM

Hi Gary,

Welcome!  It's hard for me to tell what kind of problem you're having.  Can you go into more detail about what you mean by "shot meter and choices are not being accepted by the game correctly"?  

As a quick observation, it looks like you've rapidly changed equipment in a fairly short time. This makes it difficult to figure out shot results and adjust/improve your game. Try sticking with one set of clubs for a while and get used to them and their behavior.

Also there's lots of info in this forum on recommended equipment at your present level (including trying something other than starter balls, which are difficult to control).

Good luck and enjoy! 

-Keith 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 4:46 PM

keidan:

Hi Gary,

Welcome!  It's hard for me to tell what kind of problem you're having.  Can you go into more detail about what you mean by "shot meter and choices are not being accepted by the game correctly"?  

As a quick observation, it looks like you've rapidly changed equipment in a fairly short time. This makes it difficult to figure out shot results and adjust/improve your game. Try sticking with one set of clubs for a while and get used to them and their behavior.

Also there's lots of info in this forum on recommended equipment at your present level (including trying something other than starter balls, which are difficult to control).

Good luck and enjoy! 

-Keith 

+1

and remember to clear your browser and flash cache.

ccleaner does both and it great for a smooth meter, I do it every 6 games.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 5:26 PM

Since I got a pretty powerful Puter,  I've stopped clearing my Puter cache.  I do delte my Flash Cache except for the Wgt file.

I'm just saying this is because the game uses files stored on your puter from past games/courses that helps to make a faster load for each shot.  If you delete those files, then your puter will be loading in info from the Wgt Servors.

My Theory is when you are getting meter spikes,,,  your puter is loading in info for that hole still, when you are taking a shot.  Your screen will still look the same, but it might be loading in some more trees causing a meter spike.

-Roger

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 5:50 PM

mantis0014:

Since I got a pretty powerful Puter,  I've stopped clearing my Puter cache.  I do delte my Flash Cache except for the Wgt file.

I'm just saying this is because the game uses files stored on your puter from past games/courses that helps to make a faster load for each shot.  If you delete those files, then your puter will be loading in info from the Wgt Servors.

My Theory is when you are getting meter spikes,,,  your puter is loading in info for that hole still, when you are taking a shot.  Your screen will still look the same, but it might be loading in some more trees causing a meter spike.

-Roger

Now I am just left paranoid ! thx Roger ;) 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 7:46 PM

siggipj76:

Just saying...  the Puter I had before I got this one...  I had to do everything possible to help make the game playable...   Gamebooster, clear cach..both puter and flash...    have a stand alone game screen without all the tool bars..  make sure the profile page is closed (not ninimised) when the game screen is operating, minimum settings in options...  just to play game.

Now new Puter...  I have 3 tabs open plus the game screen, with music playing in the backround...  meter is pretty good most of time.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:05 PM

mantis0014:

siggipj76:

Just saying...  the Puter I had before I got this one...  I had to do everything possible to help make the game playable...   Gamebooster, clear cach..both puter and flash...    have a stand alone game screen without all the tool bars..  make sure the profile page is closed (not ninimised) when the game screen is operating, minimum settings in options...  just to play game.

Now new Puter...  I have 3 tabs open plus the game screen, with music playing in the backround...  meter is pretty good most of time.

Well so is mine Roger, I just ment in general for those that have trouble with meter issues.

This is a new player saying hello.

So he needs to know that some browsers are not ideal for this game etc.

Opera, maxthon have been the best for me.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:06 AM

siggipj76:
    So he needs to know that some browsers are not ideal for this game etc.

For sure.  I had to try out quite a few browsers before I got a good one.  Each one was different

RSS