Forums

Help › Forums

wgt majors

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 19 2015 6:54 AM (2 replies)
  • Adza
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 10:29 PM

Hi there i was thinking that it would be fair if say the us open could be sorted into skill level so master upward play each other and pro downward play each other i mean there is no way im coming in with a 55 to make the cut !! no offence to the higher players i know youve earned it but i think it would be more appealing if it were graded cheers guys 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 11:06 PM

You still wouldn't benefif.

All the multis will make easy money.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 6:54 AM

Major championships in any game or sport are ultimately to determine the "best of the best." The real-life U.S. Open allows everyone an opportunity to qualify but it is the rare lower level player who will qualify and even rarer that one will make the tournament. Rarer still is one of those qualifiers who makes the cut, even rarer that he might be competing for the win. That is exactly the way it works here as well.

If you want to make the argument that WGT should have other championships based on tier (World Amateur Championship, World Pro Level Championship, etc.) then I think it's a good suggestion to consider. John is right in his observation, though, that higher skill level players who create multiple accounts will dominate those tourneys.

RSS