Forums

Help › Forums

new here

Sat, Jan 1 2011 5:39 AM (3 replies)
  • pawwee
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2010 8:22 PM

Hello, I just started today. I seem to get the hang of the driver and irons but putting I can't seem to get. I watched the video and saw the post on tips on putting distance.I had an uphill 2" putt 28 feet. I putted full 30 feet and it went 44 feet. and short putts that roll over the hole. Oh well, guess it takes time to adjust.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:30 PM

Be sure to notice the green speeds every time you play.  Slow to very fast can be a huge difference.  I have some info on putting distances on my blog...check it out and let me know what you think.  And yes, it takes time to get the feel...yes, I said feel, like in real golf. 

You can also use practice games to practice putting.  You'll get 8 or 9 putts per hole before you reach the stroke limit.  Just be sure to putt to a target and not the hole or you'll need to go to the next hole if you make it.  Also remember, if you are using premium balls, that they will ware out and can be lost even in a practice round.  The good news is you'll earn EX points for every stroke, even if you don't finish, and even more if you complete the round.  There are tips and tutorials over there as well---->

Joey 

• akkid
    61 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:38 PM

putting is the toughest thing here. the bvest thing to do is to level up and eventually get a better putter. welcome by the way man

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2011 5:39 AM

All very sound advice and you are on your way, Accuracy with the starter putters is tough but not unattainable so continual practice will get you where you want to be......in the cup. GL and welcome to WGT

RSS