Help › Forums

WGT history

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 20 2016 7:29 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • conejo23
    20 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2015 9:12 AM

It would be interesting and good for all that love GOLF, and are thankfull to WGT for letting us enjoy courses that otherwise would be hard to play at to know a little about its history and some facts.

For example I post here some things I would like to know, if rhey are registered or someone knows it would be nice  to let everyone in the facts.

1) When was WGT founded?

2) Which are the 5 oldest CC clubs, dates and where from?

3) Which are the oldest 5 CC clubs in Europe, dates and where?

4) Who was the first player to reach the LEGEND  tier? from?  date?

5) Is it possible to know who was the first player ever to join the WGT?

Im sure that there are many more question like theese that would be interesting.... please add them to this message, and those that know facts... please participate.

Thanks all!!!!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2015 11:30 AM

A history class, or what?

I can hardly guess for what purpose these might be valuable, but I guess that many of these have left for good, non-active players and CCs.

conejo23:
    4) Who was the first player to reach the LEGEND  tier? from?  date?

As far as I have heard:

There must have been quite a few moved to Legend tier when it was introduced, Oct 2010(?).

This coincided with the date when tiered equipment release was altered to levelled release, thus there were L30 Legends with no chance to get better equipment.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 5:31 AM

yes there were several of us who were the first Legends...we were moved from Master (which was the top tier) to Legend after a downtime update, never becoming Tour Masters

and we did not have the equipment to reach some fairways from the back tees

there were also several clubs to be the first on 5-5-2010

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 7:26 AM

There's more info on the history of the company here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Golf_Tour

Beryman is right. When they added the level system a lot of us were promoted (thrown?) into new tiers. I was put up to Master without having earned it so it was not only the top players who had their tiers adjusted.

In 2007 when the site was in demo mode some of us signed up and have been here since. I joined June 9, 2007 and I've seen quite a few others around who joined June through August of that year. I recently I saw a Legend who joined in May 2007 so he is probably close to having the longest active membership.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 7:45 AM

alosso:

As far as I have heard:

There must have been quite a few moved to Legend tier when it was introduced, Oct 2010(?).

That was the way of it....I remember it well. I went to bed as a Master, and woke up a Legend.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 9:29 AM

SweetiePie:
    I went to bed as a Master, and woke up a Legend.

You're welcome.

• biteme100
    156 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 11:16 AM

LMAO

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 11:36 AM

And I was hiding in the wardrobe, and can vouch for the fact that Mic

MichaelStroke:

SweetiePie:
    I went to bed as a Master, and woke up a Legend.

You're welcome.

hael wore the nightie

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2016 6:03 AM

As I approach my 9th year (5/24/2007) of WGT membership, I am still having fun while trying to shoot lower scores. I don't play in real life but I sure enjoy seeing the beauty created from these real world courses.

• PAGES
RSS