Forums

Help › Forums

WGT & Lost Connections

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:33 PM (6 replies)
  • ghiaguy67
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2015 3:15 PM

I am sure I am not the only player that has had issues with WGT and losing connection I have a solid Internet connection and never have problems with my web connection when I am surfing the web et al, until I start playing WGT. Lately I have been having encounters with the WHITE Screen with the Exclamation point, or I get a message telling me my internet connection stopped working. Just now I was playing a game and first had a hole not load it was at the scorecard with a spinning wheel waiting for the hole to load to hit CONTINUE, then I got the Internet not working box so this is #2 where I had to close the game then I got a Black screen and my home page did not say return to game it said PLAY NOW, I get tired of wasting my time with unfinished games and  not to mention the lost hits on the golf balls I buy because WGT is so fickle. Right now my Play Now button is flashing saying I have a game in progress and it is flashing all the cues in that area. WOW WGT what is up?????????

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 3:38 AM

Do what quite a few of us are doing (many of my friends and CC members too!).........

Simply take a nice long break from playing.  I used to play 10+ ReadyGo's a day as well as multiple ALT games but since 7/31 everything is a disaster.  Anyways, my recent game activiity is going to stay pretty, if not completely empty until WGT fixes this stuff.

So to re-iterate.  Don't play.  Dont pay.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 8:41 AM

11BC2:
    Don't play.

Just curious as to how you got 200,000 xp's in 4 days of no playing. Not being sarcastic, but I would like to grab some easy XP's (130,000 to be exact).

Jay

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 8:51 AM

Lol.  Never mind.  I wrote out a longer post but I've just realized I'm on your block list (tit for tat ^).  I tried to re-add you as a friend and I was gonna message you.

Nevermind ;)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 10:02 AM

11BC2:

Lol.  Never mind.  I wrote out a longer post but I've just realized I'm on your block list (tit for tat ^).  I tried to re-add you as a friend and I was gonna message you.

Nevermind ;)

The only way I could narrow down my friends list was to block them. There isn;t an option for to remove any friends at all. Even the friends I have, the only options are to "add them as a friend" or "invite to play". No message or remove friends on any of them. 

Since you mentioned the block thing, I have went back and unblocked everyone. I have no need to block anyone, but it was my only way to clean out friends list, and I just never thought to unblock. No hard feelings were meant by it at all.

Take care

J

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2015 7:59 PM

11BC2:
    I tried to re-add you as a friend

Why did you de-add me, anyway? 

:-)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:33 PM

Pre 7/31 update my game was running perfectly sweet and life was good.  Post 7/31 update all hell broke lose.  Non stop unexpected errors and blue screens in ALT games made it nearly impossible to finish a game. Flags/zooms/cameras/greens-dots/balls/and a huge memory leak in flash made my game unplayable (that hasn't changed btw).

The reason I deleted ALL my friends was my attempt to get a better meter.  Even as we speak, I'm still undecided if I'm going to completely quit the game or re-try MaxSlowMeterTour+ balls.  Aside from WGT fixing all the bugs they've created it's the only solution I can think of.

Now I'm going to try to have a better tone in the forums (it seems I've been a bit hostile lately) but It's very discouraging when you've put not only $$$ but quite a bit of time trying to learn a new game only to have it ruined by a seemingly lack of support.

So I'll do my best at being patient and hope that WGT is actively working to fix these bugs.  Until then I feel like my hands are tied.  Not sure what else players like myself (non stop bug issues) are supossed to do.

How much XP do you need to reach level 100 anyways?   You did help me with the hole #5 question I sent you for Valhalla after all.  I'm sure we can chat and see where it goes ;)

RSS