Forums

Help › Forums

Raise your hand if you have done this b4..

Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:56 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 9:19 AM

I have.....but had to fish my putter after the match, pay the bill at the CH for my playing partners and apologize big time...LOL

Eric

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 11:19 AM

LOLserver:
    I have

When I was about 10 or 11 years old, I was playing with my Father. I slap-snapped two balls out of bounds during what was becoming my lowest score of that time. I let that driver whirly-bird enough to fly alone over a fence. My Father started walking to the clubhouse. "Dad ?" "DAD!!?" "Daddy ? where you going?" "I'm done" said he " I don't want to play with you" " You haven't learned that nobody, NOBODY, not Nicklaus, not Hogan, not Jones, NOBODY, is better than the game of golf."

That was my last time.  ;-} 

~ Lily ~

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 1:04 PM

never have but wanted to many times :)  , poor Daly just wanted to get rid of the offending iron only to have a kid fish it out from a boat & hold it up as a trophy lol,   left a few LWs on some greens though, never to be seen again :(   ..

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 1:57 PM

Daly needed to take some water casting lessons from billy casper in the 50's   my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 2:01 PM

Quoting a Hi and Lois cartoon strip I read this week,  1st panel, Hi to neighbor on the tee, New Driver ?  answer, Yes.  2nd panel Hi to neighbor, why the new Driver?  answer, the other one drowned!   Funny.....   my nickle.

• BIGAL123
    202 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 6:27 PM

Playing a round of golf about 30 years ago, I hit a very poor 3 wood and lost my temper.  Much like John Daly, it was near water.  Much like John , I flung my 3 wood as far as I could toward the river alongside the fairway.  My throwing was as bad as my golf that day, so it hit a tree and fell short of the water.  I picked it up and went on my way.  At the end of the season, at the golf banquet, the fellows bought me a can of "Grip it" and said they were sure that 3 wood must of slipped out of my hand.  I've mellowed over the years and learned that throwing my clubs did nothing to improve my game.  Maybe John D will learn that someday too.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 8:03 PM

I used to throw clubs all the time and have been known to snap one over my knee. The past year or so every time I play I turn on my Music player on my IPhone and play my Christian music. Now no matter how bad the shot is I just listen to my music and not worry about a poor shot

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 2:20 AM

Imao...great to hear the "Throw clubs away" versions of WGT members : )))

I am sure all who play/have played real golf, have had our "bad moments" where tempo takes over & rationality is forgotten.

I think it is a "healthy thing" to lose your tempo, unless you hurt physically someone with the flying tool or break or destroy things the same way.

Loosing your tempo also means that you LOVE competition, hopefully FAIR competition : ))).

I am sure John Daly did not mean to do something stupid......he was mad (understandably lol) and for all viewers it was more funny than upsetting or annoying.

Eric

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 8:17 AM

One time on a course that didn't have anybody on, one hole was a 90% dogleg, 2 ponds.  A friendly game with buds & we had to time, I T'd off.a few in the ponds, a few OB.  Tried different clubs.  No luck.  Got to the fringe & got on & 1 putt for a 23.  Forget the clubs.  I wanted to throw myself in 1 of those ponds.  LIfe is good.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 11:05 AM

mathia14:
    LIfe is good.

It is. Especially when one is able to focus on whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable. Golf offers such delights.  ;-}

• PAGES
RSS