Forums

Help › Forums

Raise your hand if you have done this b4..

Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:56 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 12:21 PM

I was playing in our weekly Thurs. night Men's league a few years ago when all of a sudden there was a commotion in a tree a few yards in front of our group. At first I thought it was squirrels jumping around but after getting a closer look there was a 60 degree wedge hung up in the branches!! We reached up with a ball retriever and got it out. A group was just a few yards down the other fairway from us so we hollered, did someone loss a wedge? One of the guys yelled back and said, yeah and whoever found it can keep the damn thing!! I still have it to this day!! 

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:31 PM

SweetiePie:

mathia14:
    LIfe is good.

It is. Especially when one is able to focus on whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable. Golf offers such delights.  ;-}

I just wanted to finish the hole.  No matter what my score was on it.  Do I dare say between the four of us playing & I came in last?  Go figure.  The four of us played different courses every Sunday.  And I though I played bad at the Playboy Club in Lake Geneva.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:56 PM

Always the same four guys played.  I got my 1st set of clubs in 1971 when I got out of the Army.  Cost $5.00 for a mixed set.  Many fond memories on many different courses.  Lost Nation, Edgebrook, Plum Tree.  Lost touch with the guys.  Pappy must be gone by now.  The other 2 lost them when they closed the plant were we worked.  Live goes on.  Seems like 100 years ago.  Now I'm retired & I try to play on WGT.  Sucks to get old.

• PAGES
RSS