Forums

Help › Forums

Quitting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 27 2015 3:03 PM (7 replies)
  • catz37
    24 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2015 2:33 PM

Why do the high level golfers quit in the middle of the round? It seems like it is happening more frequently as I approach master status( I'm a tour pro with 427995 points and i need 428488 for master). Is there something to gain by doing this or are they protecting their avg.?Just your curious catz...

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2015 3:07 PM

Quitters are Quitters...they prolly did the same when they were Tour Pros as well. Two things; sometimes the disconnects are not intentional as it may be one of the many technical errors WGT experiences, or their own internet issues. Secondly, check the colour of their completion symbol...green means they have a good completion rate and are usually not quitters...while orange is considered not good. 

ct

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2015 3:17 PM

ct690911:

Quitters are Quitters...they prolly did the same when they were Tour Pros as well. Two things; sometimes the disconnects are not intentional as it may be one of the many technical errors WGT experiences, or their own internet issues. Secondly, check the colour of their completion symbol...green means they have a good completion rate and are usually not quitters...while orange is considered not good. 

ct

I was in a game today that I know the guy didn't bail.  Just couldn't load.  I've know him for years.  He doesn't quit, & I don't quit.  It's the discons on WGT.  Nothing to do about it.  But we do have more sounds in the game now!!!

• Oyanglon
    165 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 1:57 AM

I am having a similar problem, with a lot less points148477 but I have played 255 rounds.

Moved up to Master by playing several matchplay games against master and tour master and beating enough of them to tier up. Tried the same approach now I am master and it worked to a point. Reached average of 66; beat 4 tour masters and th average has not gone down. I have blocked 5 tour masters and 3 legends that quit when they were about to lose.

Its a no brainer to say they would not have quit if they were in front.

A new trick by some of them is to go through the process of getting themselves disqualified.

Hope this helped.

Oyanglon

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 10:16 AM

Oyanglon:

I am having a similar problem, with a lot less points148477 but I have played 255 rounds.

Moved up to Master by playing several matchplay games against master and tour master and beating enough of them to tier up. Tried the same approach now I am master and it worked to a point. Reached average of 66; beat 4 tour masters and th average has not gone down. I have blocked 5 tour masters and 3 legends that quit when they were about to lose.

Its a no brainer to say they would not have quit if they were in front.

A new trick by some of them is to go through the process of getting themselves disqualified.

Hope this helped.

Oyanglon

Well I said that I've known the guy for years & a good friend.  And they were winning.  His puter just crashed.  We was skyping at the time.  Some might bail if behind.  But I try to play with buds.  He doesn't quit & neither do I.

• OHSHEEEIT
    242 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 12:20 PM

I have not quit a game ,however wgt giving us error page 2 and 3 times a game ,has earned me a yellow completion check.....not cool

Chris

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 3:03 PM

I was playing a Legend ReadyGo on BPB today and quit after the 2nd hole ;).  Ironice part is I holed out my approach on the 1st and was sitting at -2 heading to the tee box.  Hit a nice full b/s drive no where near the tree but low and behold, The Tree reached out and struck my ball to the ground.

No big deal.  I'm 2 under.  I'll just punch it from this 40/50 (not too bad, coulda been 60 or 70) back to the fairway.  What happens next?  I hit the same damn tree (really?) and my ball richochet's OB to the left.  LoL.

FU WGT ;D

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2015 4:07 PM

OHSHEEEIT:

I have not quit a game ,however wgt giving us error page 2 and 3 times a game ,has earned me a yellow completion check.....not cool

Chris

That sucks, bud.  Not right IMHO.  But the worst part about it, is you can't do anything.  Your hands are tied.  If you say anything wgt will want a screen shot.  And they will tell you clear the cache.  And yada, yada, yada.  Many posts in the forums about the bugs.  But more in-game sounds is high priority.  We must wait our turn.  they will get to it sooner or later.  Some don't have problems with the game.  Some do.  I know I do.  Best of luck to you.

RSS