Help › Forums

Champions listed by WGT Scoring Average

Sat, Sep 16 2017 2:36 AM (279 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:23 PM

ColumbusStorm:

ct690911:

"My list is just data provided by WGT. Jessica84's Avg Score of 46.00 is obviously less than fmagnets Avg Score of 53.00. That cannot be argued."

I agree the raw numbers are what they are...but who would win in a head to head match from the proper tees?...on paper, it looks like Magnets wouldn't stand much of a chance, but that is probably an incorrect assumption...

Assumptions based on WGT's data are probably not good.

However for my opinion (which has nothing to do with the list) based on watching some of fmagnets video postings:

I believe Jessica84 would beat fmagnets on Merion B9 from Jessica84's preferred tees/wind/green speed AND if fmagnets is not allowed to practice those conditions or that course at all. Now if fmagnets gets a practice round or 2 in, then I would probably pick fmagnets to win.

lol...even I could beat him if I could bring a gun to his knife fight.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:20 PM

renniw52:

Damn, I'm impressed. Let's see a list of the top 50 who have ever swung a real club on a real golf course. I remember several of the original players on WGT who were also very good golfers on REAL GOLF COURSES, not computer geeks circumventing the system. 

If I am being ugly here, I will not apology. 

You know who you are, what you are doing and I hope you don't get cheeto stains on your tighty whities. Holler upstairs and tell Mom you need another Red Bull.

If this game was true to life, I actually would be teeing off from the reds in the normal course of play.

I've lifted my clubs plenty, but my handicap would have a 2 in front.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:34 PM

FRIENDofyourWIFE:
    LOL,  are you for real? a donkey has criticized the ears of a rabbit ?  You only play your CC tournaments... that of course they are not from Champ Tee!! And you come here to talk about the peoples in that list ? My friend you really have  B A L L S... Any one that look in your score history can see that, you only post your good scores... lol can't forget!!! and you are in the same breath as FMagnets, Agassi and WOL ???  I can't stop to laugh !!  Hahahaha

Yes Liz I am for real.  I did not criticize anyone.  Someone inquired about the 46avg and 48avg and I showed how the 48avg was done with a screenshot.  Correct Liz I play mostly CC tourneys at the request of other members.  Some are red tees, some are mixed tees and some are default tees.  The wind speeds and green speeds vary from tourney to tourney.  Some tourneys are unlimited, some single play and some have both.  If you think I only post my good scores you are sadly mistaken.  I post all my rounds.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:50 PM

donsprintr:
    The question is, Dan, will MrQueez card a second round score? I haven't seen him complete a second round in the virtual tour yet ... 

If memory serves me correctly I have never carded a 2nd round in any Virtual Tour event.  I don't even play in all of the Virtual Tour events so moot point.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 6:57 PM

FRIENDofyourWIFE:
    !!!  He only play CC Tourneys or he just post his best rounds !!!  I am saying something that is untrue??  

Sorry Liz but everything you say is untrue.  I do not play just CC Tourneys and I post all of my rounds good or bad.

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:13 PM

Its pretty funny that i see these really good players (tour legends/Champions) that all they do is enter "Unlimited" ranked rounds that there country club sets up (normally teeing off from the baby tees) and they manage to shoot a 24 or 25 in a 9 hole course. They don't play matches, skins, ready go's, alternative shots, etc.... Simply obsessed with possessing the lowest average they can muster. I have one guy on my friends list that has a 52 average, but if you look at his match play record he's below .500 on each tier which to me is more of an indicator just how good that person is. I don't begrudge these folk for playing these unlimited "short tees" rounds, but i see it as a waste of time. Just my 2 cents mates... Cheers, your friend and mine, K.

By the way QUEEZ, you're not in the same league as Mags, etc. Sorry mate, i recall you stayed on the same tier for a LOOONG time, to the point that others were calling you out being a sandbagger. Nice of you to remain humble though, cough cough... lol

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:17 PM

fatdan:
    Not my business, but he likes to play 4000 credit matches, played/challenged WOL to play, and as understand it has asked several former and current US open champs to a match....

Yes me and WOL played for 4k right after the Mags and Poldi twitch.  18 holes par 4's and I won on 1st extra hole.  He's a great player.  Since then I have asked to play some US Open champs but they have declined.

As for me and Liz we played around 30 or so high stakes MPC.  We had 3 that ended with disco's and disagreed on how to finish and how to settle up.  In the end Liz unfriended me.  I have nothing against Liz as I rather enjoyed are matches and she is a top notch player.

• MrQueez
    559 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 7:40 PM

krskfr:
    By the way QUEEZ, you're not in the same league as Mags, etc. Sorry mate

I have offered to play Mags but gotten no response.  I have played with WOL enough to know I'm in the same league as them.

krskfr:
    i recall you stayed on the same tier for a LOOONG time, to the point that others were calling you out being a sandbagger.

Yeah I remember that people claiming I was staying Legend to clean up in the tourneys when I basically was not playing them LOL.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 8:23 PM

krskfr:
    Sorry mate, i recall you stayed on the same tier for a LOOONG time, to the point that others were calling you out being a sandbagger.

The other side of that is that several, respected ones, said don't be ridiculous to those "others".

I remember that thread v well.  An ordinary player had just got whooped by a v low average Legend in MPC.  Hardly the fault of the low average L who was not masquerading as a poor player to actually not be a red tee poor player.  Said starter of that thread later started one about me because I had a "54.something" average and admitted to seldom shooting that in about the only MPC I played this year - basically he also had no clue how averages around here work anyway.

Heck there are plenty of players who v carefully choose how they use up there RRs in each tier, and Mr Q is possibly about the least caring to that as anyone I ever knew here.  Infact he just plays what he wants to as he wants whatever it is, never having ever looked at benefiting by staying in a tier or running a high average.  

Had to respond as we run a clean ship as best we can.  An upstanding player as good as MrQ was welcomed with open arms.  EDIT: Not suggesting you were trying to knock the club, but I did want to clear that up, with our stance, as he is a member - and yes a v valued one.  The rest I leave to him of course as he fine handling himself.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 8:53 PM

Queez's MP stats look solid.  I'd give him benefit of the doubt.

RSS