Help › Forums

where do you get this

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2015 1:36 PM (20 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 8:30 AM

You're welcome man.

In the insert media thingy, change the 550 (under where you paste in the URL) to 450, same for pictures.

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 9:21 AM

I'm going to stick my big hooter in here about how to change the size of a video when posting it in the forum, because this seems to trip a lot of people up, and it's perfectly understandable why.

Entering a value into just one of the two dimension boxes, (width or height), will see the video posted at a width of 425 pixels and squarish, irrespective of the value you enter. You could type in a value of 10,000 and, if the other dimension box contains a '0' or nothing, the video will still be posted at 425px wide.

The size of the video can only be changed by entering a value (greater than zero) into both dimension boxes.

Nice video by the way tm1.  : )   

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 10:08 AM

Thanks lads. Scott, that was an early video i made when i was just learning how to do it. Ive moved on a small bit since then, and some of the procedures i did could have been better. But i havent done a video since with the easier options, lol. Cheers though man, much appreciated.

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 10:25 AM

There's nothing wrong with the video twominusone or how you made it. It gives good ideas on what you can do with software which a lot of people will have installed on their PC's, nice work.  : )

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 11:48 AM

ScottHope:

Entering a value into just one of the two dimension boxes, (width or height), will see the video posted at a width of 425 pixels and squarish, irrespective of the value you enter. You could type in a value of 10,000 and, if the other dimension box contains a '0' or nothing, the video will still be posted at 425px wide.

The size of the video can only be changed by entering a value above zero into both dimension boxes.

Why did just changing 550 to 450 in insert media tab work for me on 2-1's video?

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 12:13 PM

Because you only entered a value into one of the dimension boxes Paul. You could put 10,000,000 into that box and the video would still look the same size.

The reason twominusone's video was too big in his post is because he entered a value into BOTH dimension boxes, and if you do that the video will respond to the dimension values, if you don't fill out both boxes, it won't. The value he put in the width box was 550 which is why it was too wide for the forum.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 12:51 PM

Ahh got you now, thank's.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 12:56 PM

ScottHope:
    I'm going to stick my big hooter in here.....

FYI Scott.....Hooter translates a bit differently in the U.S.A.   ;o)

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 12:59 PM

Will it still work if  I enter a number in both dimension boxes while I'm watching a 5th Dimension video ( in 3d ) ?

Doc :)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2015 1:17 PM

Thanks Scott. I actually went looking for the info before i put the vid up, and came across the 3rd post on this thread:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/334742.aspx?pageindex=1

I put the value 480 in the width, and my vid came out the way it did. Not sure what happened, and i got flummoxed, lol. Strangely enough, my PC/Mouse is acting all weird the last few weeks. Ive scanned, defragged, cleaned, and scanned again. It might have been something to do with that? 

On a side note, this all started happening when i got the notice that my windows 10 upgrade was ready??? I got rid of that without installing it, but still getting the same buzz. Cheers dude.

RSS