Forums

Help › Forums

more computer help please .

Tue, Sep 15 2015 5:19 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • craigswan
    31,556 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:13 PM

Laptop is only a few weeks old and has worked fine once I removed the bloatware but now wireless mouse and mouse with cable are both refusing to work . After a little research it might be a windows 8 problem .Tried advanced search and typed Bios as requested and the mouse works for a couple of seconds but then stopped .

Any help would be appreciated .

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:20 PM

Try mouses (mice?) on another computer if possible.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:30 PM

craigswan:

Laptop is only a few weeks old and has worked fine once I removed the bloatware but now wireless mouse and mouse with cable are both refusing to work . After a little research it might be a windows 8 problem .Tried advanced search and typed Bios as requested and the mouse works for a couple of seconds but then stopped .

Any help would be appreciated .

One time my wireless stopped.  I changed the batteries & still didn't work.  I have a backup mouse.  Put the batteries in it.  Still that one didn't work.  Then the wife asked if I checked it.  I said no.  I did (sheepishly) and 1 battery I took just out of the pack was dead from jump.  Checked another and it was good.  Mouse back up and running like a champ!!  (I hate when women are right)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:54 PM

mathia14:
    (I hate when women are right)

Women love to put dead batteries back in the pack of good ones and then wait for us to use one!  

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:09 PM

andyson:

mathia14:

Women love to put dead batteries back in the pack of good ones and then wait for us to use one!  

LOL!!!!!!!  I'll start & keep the batteries in the safe.;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:25 PM

craigswan:
    but now wireless mouse and mouse with cable are both refusing to work

This could be a USB issue. Try another port. You can also uninstall the mouse, reboot  and let Windows find it again.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 12:09 AM

andyson:

To be fair tho.....

They are in one hell of a rush to get the new batteries in the 'thing' that has just died on them !  

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run run run.  ;-))

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 1:10 AM

Andy, you need some bromide in your tea!  hehe.  ; )

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 4:39 AM

andyson:

mathia14:

Yes, we love to be sneaky for a few grins in private and laugh at visualization of what the reaction may be. In late teen years my personal fav was at the super-market. I would carefully load up a shopping cart with goodies ( liverwurst, buttermilk, gelfilte fish, limburger cheese, etc.) and then carefully make my selection of who to switch carts with. ~SP~ 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2015 5:06 AM

SweetiePie:
    and then carefully make my selection of who to switch carts with. ~SP~ 

Now that's funny!

• PAGES
RSS