Help › Forums

Is it my computer or WGT

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 15 2015 9:21 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 7:33 AM

It took over an hour to play a 9 hole single game this morning.  It wouldn't load the next location after a shot.  Anybody else having the same problems, or is my computer ready to take a dump?  It worked fine yesterday.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 7:39 AM

Did you exit out clear all and go back in / just x out and go back in?

If other sites load OK it's not you.  Talking just on my own play once in every great while I get a course that seems dreadful whatever I try, but usually it all just works.   

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 8:10 AM

Jimbog1964:

Did you exit out clear all and go back in / just x out and go back in?

If other sites load OK it's not you.  Talking just on my own play once in every great while I get a course that seems dreadful whatever I try, but usually it all just works.   

I cleared & came back.  I think it's ready to dump.  But I tried to reply a few ago & it said the site was down & to click to go back to home page.  I clicked it & it was right there.  So I'm confused now.  A new laptop will have to be a cheap one since I'm on a fixed income now.  Thank you for the come back Jim.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 8:26 AM

Just tried a practice round & it load right away.  Must have been some kinda hiccup on my end.(for now)

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 9:12 AM

All seems good.  All my favorites loads like they used to.  Go figure.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 9:55 AM

The next time this happens, try resetting your ISP modem. Unplug power to it and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. It sounds like you had commo problems with WGT and a lot of the time it can be attributed to your ISP. Resetting the modem forces it to renew the IP address.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 10:18 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Talking just on my own play once in every great while I get a course that seems dreadful whatever I try,

Whistler is a prime example...often.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 12:00 PM

YankeeJim:

The next time this happens, try resetting your ISP modem. Unplug power to it and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. It sounds like you had commo problems with WGT and a lot of the time it can be attributed to your ISP. Resetting the modem forces it to renew the IP address.

I will remember that YJ.  ty

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2015 2:44 PM

alcaucin:

Jimbog1964:
    Talking just on my own play once in every great while I get a course that seems dreadful whatever I try,

Whistler is a prime example...often.

Yes i often have issues there with the course loading slow myself.

Rock

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 3:39 AM

All good today.  Played 9 holes & everything ran like it used to.

• PAGES
RSS