Forums

Help › Forums

This is just getting ridiculous anymore

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:41 AM (9 replies)
  • KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 8:53 AM

I am referring to the fact that I now have to shoot an 8 under par on a 9 hole course in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke.   I just got done shooting 7 under par in one of my CC tournaments and guess what........my average is exactly the same as it was prior to that 7 under par round, i.e., 60.47 before and after that 7 under par round.

It USED to be that I had to shoot at least 7 under par in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke (6 under par wouldn't do it).  Now it seems it's a minimum of 8 under par that is needed.

This is simply insane.  What's next ?  Will I have to shoot 9 under par in the near future in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke?

This insanity and the fact that WGT has purposely made it MUCH more difficult to earn credits here has me seriously thinking of just giving this game up totally.  Life is just too damn short for this B.S.  Not that WGT would give a rip....they've been driving customers away from their game for YEARS.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 9:23 AM

Why not just forget about averages and just enjoy the game? Plodding away on one course on easy tees sounds enough to drive anyone away.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:00 AM

courteneyfish:

Why not just forget about averages and just enjoy the game? Plodding away on one course on easy tees sounds enough to drive anyone away.

True.  But it sounds like Kelly needs some cheese to go with that whine.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:15 AM

courteneyfish:

Why not just forget about averages and just enjoy the game?  Plodding away on one course on easy tees sounds enough to drive anyone away.

fully agree....I'm a level 104, 69 avg legend....I'm 400+ stroke games away from saturation to TL....do I care?...nope.  No matter how good someone is, there will always be somebody better, or people who take away from whatever accomplishment by saying you using red tees, or just playing one course till you know every wrinkle, etc.  I play for the enjoyment of being with my friends...meeting new people, and hopefully hitting the odd good shot....I guess thats sorta like real golf.

Only complaint I have is the constant disconnects and other glitches that prevents me from enjoying the above.

ct

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:28 AM

KellyGreer:

I am referring to the fact that I now have to shoot an 8 under par on a 9 hole course in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke.   I just got done shooting 7 under par in one of my CC tournaments and guess what........my average is exactly the same as it was prior to that 7 under par round, i.e., 60.47 before and after that 7 under par round.

It USED to be that I had to shoot at least 7 under par in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke (6 under par wouldn't do it).  Now it seems it's a minimum of 8 under par that is needed.

This is simply insane.  What's next ?  Will I have to shoot 9 under par in the near future in order to lower my average by 1/100th of a stroke?

This insanity and the fact that WGT has purposely made it MUCH more difficult to earn credits here has me seriously thinking of just giving this game up totally.  Life is just too damn short for this B.S.  Not that WGT would give a rip....they've been driving customers away from their game for YEARS.

don't let it get to you Kelly.  It's a numbers thing.  As a legend going for TL, you have 500 rounds before saturation then after that it looks at your 500 best rounds to determine your average.  That is why you have to have the really low scores or a lot of scores in the 7 under range to move the needle.  It's not like you are moving up from TM to Legend and only 50 rounds are considered.   Everyone has to go through that so don't feel like yo u are being singled out.  hang in there, and it will happen. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:28 PM

Congrats for your achievement - 60.47 requires high-class and diligent play!

KellyGreer:
    I just got done shooting 7 under par in one of my CC tournaments and guess what........my average is exactly the same as it was prior to that 7 under par round, i.e., 60.47 before and after that 7 under par round.

Firstly, please refrain from stating "7 under" - it doesn't mean a thing in average calc. You're talking about a 29 at KIA (9 holes, times 2 = 58) and not about a 63 at BPB - obviously with different impact on the average.

Then, do the math - you are not correct.

Every 30 and below does move your average down, quite sure about 61s, perhaps also 31s/62s.

You may be hooked to the common misunderstanding of the big number of scores involved. Unter saturation as a Legend, the smallest change is 1/500 = .002 - two thousands which will modify your average but sail under the radar of the rounding to the second decimal. Play a few 61s and I'm sure your average will move down visibly!

Of course it's getting harder once you are close to the threshold - you have accumulated so many very good scores that more and more of the good ones will vanish.

And, keep in mind that the target is NOT 60.00 but 60.000 - it may make a difference.

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2015 11:25 PM

I only saturated at legend a short time ago but I can already tell what a grind it's going to be to reach TL the right way.. That is, without trying to.

No red tees, no daily BPB F9 or Merion B9...  I decided I'm just not gonna worry about it.. Hell, I don't care if I ever get the bump to be honest because I can't compete at that level anyway. 

500 rounds under 30 or whatever is too much for me to even fathom.. I'm just playing the game.. and having fun doing it most of the time. 

• KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 4:39 AM

To those here who offered HELPFUL advice I say thank you.  

To the douche-bag responses....well....you're douche-bags so obviously a douche-bag response is all that you are capable of it seems.  

And clearly you have no lives at all - that you would respond in that sort of manner to my previous message here.  I feel pity for you douche-bags.  Not much - but a VERY tiny bit. I use the word "pity" here because it is truly pitiful how douche-bag types, such as yourselves, have a need to be insulting and derisive to others in order for you to feel better about yourselves.  That truly is pitiful.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:12 AM

Kelly....90% of your last post focuses on "douche bag" responses...I read all the different opinions on this short string and I don't find any that qualify for such a harsh rebuke....there are a variety of differing perspectives on what's important to glean from the game, but they are in keeping with the subject you posted here. Mathia stung you a bit, but other than that, I see no reason for your last post.

ct

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:41 AM

ISH47:
    No red tees, no daily BPB F9 or Merion B9...  I decided I'm just not gonna worry about it

How it should be (to honestly feel you've accomplished something). By the time you hit TL, you shall be a BEAST, and post BEAST-ISH scores ;-)

ROLL TIDE 

RSS