Forums

Help › Forums

Typical Wgt day. Then & now.

Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:49 AM (3 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 12:13 PM

3 years ago

After talking about wgt all day at work with my colleagues i'd get home and before anything else i'd get the laptop switched on and be excited about what ready go's i was going to play. I'd enter around 10 of them and off i'd go on the 1st 1. Birdie on the 1st hole and you were well on your way. Negotiating tricky par 4's and feeling good about scraping par to keep you in it. Fist pumps and screams of get in the hole would just add to my excitement.

After knocking in a few 29's on the 9 holes & 59's on the 18's i'd eagerly look at the leaderboards to see if i'd come out on top in any of them and feel chuffed to bits when i'd beaten Bollox or AvatarLee by the odd shot (it didn't happen too often...lol)

Then it would be a few games of alt shot or a matchplay game just to have a chat with some friends before rolling in to bed about midnight.

Now

Don't even think about it at work. Get home and put the laptop on a few hours later and have a look to see if the RG list has been updated. Maybe enter about 2 if i can be bothered. Birdie the 1st and think oh i might have a good round here. That's soon gone though when a massive meter jump puts me 20yds either side of the green and the pitch on the green seems to defy the law of gravity by running 20ft uphill. After reloading a couple of times due to the white screen with the exclamation mark in the middle, i just about struggle to a 33 and hope i get half my stake back.

29's & 59's are now about my average decent round but i still look at the leaderboards in the hope everyone else had a bad round but 14th place is about all i get :-(

Then all of sudden i get a real hot round from nowhere and everything i do lands next to the hole. I'm back! i cry and the fist pumps are flowing again. I eagerly look at the leaderboard and my round 26 is leading! My hopes and dreams are soon scuppered though when i find out it's been beaten by a tour pro with a 23 :-(

Sadly i don't play Alt shot anymore as i can't remember the last time i actually managed to finish a game without getting kicked out by loading errors.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:26 AM

Unfortuanately, around here that appears to be progress.

Nobody aboard the WGT showboat seems to give a flying f**k no more yet they expect us to.

Looking down my friend list of late, I see fewer and fewer of them actually playing daily anymore.

Shame really, game could be great with the right people at the helm.

But hey, why should we care, theres 1000's joining daily isn't there?

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:41 AM

DAZZA501:

3 years ago

After talking about wgt all day at work with my colleagues i'd get home and before anything else i'd get the laptop switched on and be excited about what ready go's i was going to play. I'd enter around 10 of them and off i'd go on the 1st 1. Birdie on the 1st hole and you were well on your way. Negotiating tricky par 4's and feeling good about scraping par to keep you in it. Fist pumps and screams of get in the hole would just add to my excitement.

After knocking in a few 29's on the 9 holes & 59's on the 18's i'd eagerly look at the leaderboards to see if i'd come out on top in any of them and feel chuffed to bits when i'd beaten Bollox or AvatarLee by the odd shot (it didn't happen too often...lol)

Then it would be a few games of alt shot or a matchplay game just to have a chat with some friends before rolling in to bed about midnight.

Now

Don't even think about it at work. Get home and put the laptop on a few hours later and have a look to see if the RG list has been updated. Maybe enter about 2 if i can be bothered. Birdie the 1st and think oh i might have a good round here. That's soon gone though when a massive meter jump puts me 20yds either side of the green and the pitch on the green seems to defy the law of gravity by running 20ft uphill. After reloading a couple of times due to the white screen with the exclamation mark in the middle, i just about struggle to a 33 and hope i get half my stake back.

29's & 59's are now about my average decent round but i still look at the leaderboards in the hope everyone else had a bad round but 14th place is about all i get :-(

Then all of sudden i get a real hot round from nowhere and everything i do lands next to the hole. I'm back! i cry and the fist pumps are flowing again. I eagerly look at the leaderboard and my round 26 is leading! My hopes and dreams are soon scuppered though when i find out it's been beaten by a tour pro with a 23 :-(

Sadly i don't play Alt shot anymore as i can't remember the last time i actually managed to finish a game without getting kicked out by loading errors.

I think it was about 3 years ago when you gave me a putting tip that I still use to this day and I have never forgotten your generosity in sharing that.  

Unfortunately, what you have described is the way it is for most of us now.  The thrill is gone, the excitment of playing just doesn't exist anymore and if it were not for a great CC and some great people, I would be like so many others and be colored gone.

WGT used to care about it's players and they would respond and work with players and they would actually try to help.   Today, for the most part, they are arrogant, they could not care less about the players and the playing experience.   they have managed the game to a circus side show event where they take your money and give you some hokey little experience that can in no way meet expectations or be called fun.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:49 AM

phiber:
    I think it was about 3 years ago when you gave me a putting tip that I still use to this day and I have never forgotten your generosity in sharing that.

Maybe you should repay the favor and give me some putting tips. I sure do need them right now :-)

RSS