Forums

Help › Forums

Changing ball mid game is wrong

Mon, Jan 24 2011 4:05 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 5:28 AM

good trick if u have forgot to buy balls and are going to run out mid game open pro shop in another tab while playing and buy another sleeve of the ones your using has worked for me few times :)

• Mr.Bionic
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 10:27 AM

I found out the hard way on running out of balls. If you are playing  say, GI-SD ball & run out, go to the freebies, but if you have the same ball but in a different color YOU should be able to use that ball in place of what you ran out of ! There is NO rule in golf that says you have to play the same COLOR ball, just the SAME type. Enough said ! 

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:40 AM

Mr.Bionic:

I found out the hard way on running out of balls. If you are playing  say, GI-SD ball & run out, go to the freebies, but if you have the same ball but in a different color YOU should be able to use that ball in place of what you ran out of ! There is NO rule in golf that says you have to play the same COLOR ball, just the SAME type. Enough said ! 

Actually there is. It is a PGA rule and many of the rules used by WGT are from the PGA.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:44 AM

gsoup:

If you cant tell when you start using the 'stock' ball in a round you must be buyig cheapo balls. the swing metter is 3 times as fast as the sdgi balls

Either that or you are so drunk that you wouldn't know if you were even playing the game. LOL.

• cmaster136
    255 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:46 AM

But there are many more rules not a part of WGT IE... not having the flag removed when you putt, it should be a penalty stroke if it's not removed.

• Mr.Bionic
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 3:51 PM

COLOR of ball doesn't matter, it is TYPE of Ball ONLY ! You show me the rule for the PGA !!!! According to the USGA  that  the PGA goes by there is no problem changing COLOR of balls after finishing the hole you are playing as long as it's the same TYPE OF BALL. I say thanks, but look up the facts be 4 you say something you don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 5:04 PM

Colored balls on the PGA Tour?!  Oh yeah, I once saw Tiger change to a red ball mid way through his final round.

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 5:44 PM

According to the USGA the tournament committee may make the one ball condition rule. The only stipulation that the USGA makes is that the ball must conform to their accepted standards. If the committee choses to adopt the one color rule as well as brand and type then it is acceptable and in this case WGT is the committee. 

The USGA  its' self does not have or enforce the one ball rule. Check it out but the ball must be changed at the start of a hole and must be played for the entire hole. This is to keep players from playing a distance ball from the tee and a feel ball for the approach shot. And no where in the USGA rules is ball color mentioned at all. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 4:05 PM

Mr.Bionic:
    There is NO rule in golf that says you have to play the same COLOR ball, just the SAME type.

This came up before on the forums, and the way it works is that there is a USGA list of golf balls from all producers and in fact it lists different colors as being different types of balls. Absurd, really, particularly as here they are only virtual balls. The requirement to play a single type of ball over a stipulated round is optional. On the other hand, if players were allowed to change balls between holes there would be no end of it.

• PAGES
RSS