Forums

Help › Forums

Practice

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:24 AM (5 replies)
  • verbose
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 12:14 PM

I would lke to see some practice options available.

Practice putting: Choose green speed and be able to practice different distance, break, uphill/downhill, etc. Have option to keep working on a specific putt or go to the next one.

Practice from the bunker: Choose green speed, and distance. Work on full, flop or other optons and see what works.

Practice iron and wedge play. Choose distance, wind etc. Be able to get more practice than you can in a round.

Something like this would go a long way toward improved play.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:20 AM

Although not a true practice facility, there are practice games you can play on all 4 stroke play courses.  You can set the wind, green speeds and what tees to play from.

Joey

• werwin
    34 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 6:46 AM

I do not feel that the practice rounds WGT offers are true practice rounds.  First of all there is no practice round for Tournament Green, Why? 

I feel that there should be courses that are set up just to practice certain techniques, such as putting, Chipping, flopping, etc...

To practice these you have to play the complete round.  I for one do not need practice on driving, but rather on other techniques.

I also notice that on the practice rounds, the distance you hit the ball is much greater then the stroke rounds, (non practice).  And this is using the same clubs.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:58 AM

werwin:
    I do not feel that the practice rounds WGT offers are true practice rounds. 

Based on my experience, don't delay training while waiting for a practice facility like that.

Joey

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 9:25 PM

werwin:

I also notice that on the practice rounds, the distance you hit the ball is much greater then the stroke rounds, (non practice).  And this is using the same clubs.

No, You must be using the default tees which are always the furthest forward. It's easy to change to your regular ones.

• Wikit
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 9:24 AM

I agree, I would like to see a practice mode. I can never figure out how to hit out of the roughs. My shots go 2 feet and I cannot figure out why. 

RSS