Forums

Help › Forums

Where'd everybody go?

Mon, Sep 28 2015 3:53 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robbo81303
    415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 1:30 PM

I can't help but notice that my friends list has had less than half the usual number of active players on it at any given time for the last few days.  Its been harder to find multiplayer games as well.  How can this be?  Are most finally fed up with:

-the seemingly endless disconnects?

-the utter lack of precision on many (if not most) shots?

-the often egregiously misleading green grids?

-the forever gawdawful (for many) WGT swing meter?

-the sanctimonious (and, I believe, erroneous) denials of responsibility by WGT for any and all of the above issues and more?

I guess one way to break an addiction is to remove every last shred of pleasure from the addiction.  Way to go, WGT.  Keep up the good work!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 2:49 PM

Robbo81303:

Yep - huge issue that does no one a favour;

Robbo81303:

A well mapped decent club ball combo is usually incredibly accurate!

Robbo81303:
    the often egregiously misleading green grids?

Works fine, nothing wrong there.  Yes a very few putts at specific holes you  just need to know, but nothing that stops the 30s / 29s even without that knowledge!

Robbo81303:
    -the forever gawdawful (for many) WGT swing meter?

Fine here same as for many as it has been from the start more or less.  Recently the memory leakage bug has caused issues for too many though. 

Robbo81303:
    -the sanctimonious (and, I believe, erroneous) denials of responsibility by WGT for any and all of the above issues and more?

Communication is usually v poor.  The mods do what they can, but sometimes it's obvious their hands are tied as the same old tired lines get regurgitated.  Not always easy to solve though as they can't spend all day running down every rabbit hole either, but yes communication is generally poor.

• Robbo81303
    415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 4:15 PM

Jimbog1964:

Robbo81303:

A well mapped decent club ball combo is usually incredibly accurate!

The key word here is 'usually'.  I've just spent 3 weeks of hell trying to figure out why, for 9 rounds out of 10, my club / ball combo suddenly had a 20-30% circle of precision.  Laterally as well as longitudinally.  That's right, approaches going 40 yards long or short, dinged tee shots often landing 10 yards upwind of the aimer in a 10 mph crosswind, etc.  Cache, cookie, browser history clears were no help.  All settings were (and are) where they belong.  Customer Service attributed this to my recent tier upgrade, saying conditions were now 'harder' but insisting no other changes were made.  Nonsense!

Things are finally back to 'normal' today (for me at least) and, wow!  No cache clears, system cleanings, updates, nothing.  Everything just ''fixed' itself!  Go figure.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2015 8:56 PM

Well feller no clue on all that for you.  TL is harder and faster greens but never seen that kind of deviation apart from when the L97 irons first came out.  Several of us could not make head nor tail of them for a week, and that was no matter what we tried. A few mysterious not available to buy later happenings over the course of a v few days, and lo they all worked as we would expect.  Not everyone got it but several not prone to wild imagination were seeing it while it lasted...........Glad things are finally back to normal for you :)

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:17 AM

Ive pretty much went from a 2 hour a day player to now playing an occasional CC tournament. Its the damn deviations thats killing the fun for me.

20-30 yards difference sometimes.

And WGT hands in the air and dont care.

They had a great game game and have let it go to shite.

I just dont understand their reasoning or lack of responses to customer complaints.

Hopefully someone will buy the company and return it to what it once was.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:52 AM

I have written many posts on here in the past about those 40 yard deviations happening to me. I got the usual "learn to play the game" responses. Its why i now only play a game once every so often, and one of the reasons i left my country club that i loved. 

How long ago was that? Over a year ago. How long was it happening before i quit? About 2 years now. Seems nothing has changed. Its a  sorry state of affairs folks, but i got me a new game to play, and only pop on here to see if things have improved. But every time i come on, it seems WGT have screwed up yet again. 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:20 AM

I am hoping all the time for a new online golf game that offer even a better product than WGT. 

Awesome HD pics (not a 3D course) of fake 3D golf courses are now closer than ever. Therefore I hope a company see the huge potential in it and I think it will be soon.

WGT strength is the partnership with PGA and other important institutions & companies in the golf world, but I think people would not mind playing unknown or not so famous golf courses if the game itself is very challenging, multiplayer friendly and awesome looking. I insist not 3D courses but HD pics out of 3D courses.

& finally I hope a non american company does that.

Eric

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:25 AM

We only need to notice the complaints included in the thread titles, and from those,

Robbo81303:

seem to be the primary reasons. "All on user's side" is the common mod reply which can't be rebutted, but at least, the game seems overly sensitive to minimal disturbances.

The new additional load like commentaries etc. doesn't help, and the grown local CPU load points to "more activity" and more error options, too.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:44 AM

Yes there is deviation, however I seldom get a massive (30 -40 yard) variance.If I do it has often been my fault (tired and not following a pre shot routine etc).

But all that said, I get as much if not more variation in real golf (and I used to play off a lowish handicap), so those who complain are really just replicating the real thing. 

Frustrating? You bet but it is just a game, and overall, a damned fine one. I would like real competition as it would only raise the bar for both companies.

Yes, there are a lot of issues on WGT, but for me, variation is not a major one.

Looking at players who have complained regarding  constant massive variation (in a certain period), past and present, the common denominator is the scoring has been  constant regardless of the period. 

Finally, why is it many players also never complain when a rank, badly missed ding ends up 3 feet from the hole? Short memories me thinks!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2015 2:33 AM

The OP seems a sensible enough chap, and if he says he had an issue with massive deviation suddenly appearing and then suddenly leaving over a short period who am I too say no you never.  Sticking with just that 1 point he made, what he reports is  v different to someone saying it's ongoing.

That 3 sleeves of users choice is still going begging to anyone that posts a video (twitch or bandicam say and easy enough) of just one round where a 30 is stopped because of it.  To date not one solitary video have I seen where that has happened.  Yes we all get some WTFs, but nothing that often gets in the way.  

• PAGES
RSS