Help › Forums

Moon Watch

Mon, Sep 28 2015 11:11 AM (22 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 4:41 AM

PaulTon:

SweetiePie:
    I took my Celestron 9.25 (235mm) Schmidt-Cassegrain to our local park, set it up, and had about 50-60 park loving folk (many children) take a peek.

Well done Lily, the 1st time anyone sees the moon through a telescope is an unforgettable experience.

You may just have sparked something in the imagination of the next Carl Sagan.

One never knows how the many seeds we drop in life will flower. When an adult may recall a time in childhood when at a park a lady allowed a look at the moon and the child was hooked. It is treasure to see young reactions. The first power look at Saturn and rings sure makes many sockeyed ;-}}

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:31 AM

Solarflares:

Yes , that's a lovely sentiment , and I'm sure they will remember you.

My experience is a little different.

I "Mooned" some kids in the park one day  , just to see their reaction - and was promptly sent to prison.

Holding me down , the other inmates were goggle-eyed at the sight of my ring and I spent the next 5 years seeing stars as they dropped their seed!!

Oh my !! Durn, that sounds pretty harsh. I heard about this white collar embezzler who got sent to prison and after check-in was shoved into his cell and when he looked he saw this great big, huge, tatooed, biack dude with a violent look in his eye. he said "Hi, I'm Leslie" and the dude said "So, do you want to be the husband or the wife?"  "huh? say what?  "DAMMIT TO HELL!!! I SAID DO YOU WANT TO BE THE HUSBAND OR THE WIFE?!!!" Leslie said "uh, well if it's OK with you. I'll be the husband" dude says "good, real good. Now get over here and suck your wife's d!ck !!!"

So tell me SF, who got the better deal. You or Leslie? 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:06 AM

On an up note, blow-jobs are still considered the most effective form of birth control...:)

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:34 AM

nothing to do with astronomy...I just thought it was time for a public service announcement...:)

ct

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:39 AM

This kind of talk got me thinkin' SF...while being in the joint did they call you ol' M57 ? You know Messier's object in Lyra, the ring nebula ?

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:45 AM

Hows Uranus SF  , gigity gigity !!   :)  .. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2015 10:03 AM

I'm going to have to alert the mods to this very dark matter.

RSS