Forums

Help › Forums

the unwelcome annoying loud announcer guy

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:21 AM (6 replies)
  • robobbio
    1,208 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 6:08 PM

why, wgt, do we have to listen to that very loud (louder than all other game sounds) man shouting ridiculous comments about our shots? I used to be able to shut if off by turning off celebration sounds, but for some strange reason, wgt feels its a necessary part of the game. believe me, it is not. not if we are playing a friendly game which is not a tournament and should have no one following us around acting like david feherty.

many folks have resorted to muting all sound which also kills the sound of the ball and thus robs the game of much of the fun of hearing the ball get whacked. how is this an improvement to the realism of the game?

please, give us the ability to turn off this very annoying and unnecessary feature. and if you won't do that, please allow us to beat him with our clubs.

• WGTShamWow
    921 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 6:12 PM

robobbio:

why, wgt, do we have to listen to that very loud (louder than all other game sounds) man shouting ridiculous comments about our shots? I used to be able to shut if off by turning off celebration sounds, but for some strange reason, wgt feels its a necessary part of the game. believe me, it is not. not if we are playing a friendly game which is not a tournament and should have no one following us around acting like david feherty.

many folks have resorted to muting all sound which also kills the sound of the ball and thus robs the game of much of the fun of hearing the ball get whacked. how is this an improvement to the realism of the game?

please, give us the ability to turn off this very annoying and unnecessary feature. and if you won't do that, please allow us to beat him with our clubs.

Hi robobbio,

Thanks for the post. There is an option to turn this off. If you go to Menu>Game Options>Audio, there will be a slider to turn down/off commentary.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2015 6:59 PM

• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 12:16 AM

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome robobbio, thank you. ⇩
  • robobbio
    1,208 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 4:36 PM

thanks so much for the information. once again I have ranted without scrolling down. now I can hear that ball get whacked. thanks again

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2015 5:08 PM

I've said before that all wgt updates work in two phases...1st phase is the IT guys loading glitch filled upgrades nobody wants or asked for, and the 2nd phase is the Mods telling us how to turn them off or ignore them.....lol

This commentator string is just one more case in point.

ps...at least it has a happy ending for the OP....:)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:21 AM

ct690911:
    ps...at least it has a happy ending for the OP....:)

Yup he's sitting pretty now, right in the garden spot.

RSS