Help › Forums

Gameplay

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 1 2015 5:25 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • willy53
    42 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 10:27 AM

This is the most manipulated game I've ever played, absolute rubbish, I've been playing for over a year now and it's becoming nigh on impossible to score a decent round, and it's not for want of trying, oh God how I've tried, it's the strange way that the clubs perform like the've got a life of their own, and as for the meter speed, it always plays up on the birdies etc. to make it impossible when to know when to press mouse, not that it makes much difference as it stops early or runs through wit not much control anyway and that's with good or standard balls etc., in fact it reminds me of those fairground games that are totally fixed, but for what reason I don't know, it's not as if we're playing for real money or anything?, is it!.

Now I've finished that rant can someone explain how is it that some players on here have just become members i.e. in the last eight/twelve weeks and they are at masters or higher and on a low level with loads of career earnings, in thousands, with loads of friends but hardly no trophy's, and always at the top of the leaderboard, is there another game you can play before becoming a member, if so let me know cause I'm getting p****d off with this seemingly fixed nightmare.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 10:33 AM

Simple answer - get better clubs.

No-one topping a leaderboard is using started irons/ wedges.

• Drdave72
    272 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 10:44 AM

Spend money or credits and but some good clubs and balls. I made Legend in just under 4 months playing everyday. Never got into tournaments much.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 11:10 AM

PaulTon:

Simple answer - get better clubs.

No-one topping a leaderboard is using started irons/ wedges.

^^^^^^^that^^^^^^^

The game clearly favors those who upgrade their equipment.  No surprise there.. better equipment and practice generally means better scores... If you want to just hack the ball around with friends, then what you currently have will suffice. If you want to be competitive, (like you seem to be), then you will have to do like most of us and follow Paul's advice.

ct

• DynastyGolf0
    44 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 11:37 AM

I used starter clubs until level 90. I was at Master tier for about 20 levels by then.

At level 90, I bought the Taylormade set. Within a couple of weeks, I was promoted to Tour Master. Within a month-and-a-half, I was promoted to Legend.

Clubs matter. Balls matter a little too. Overall, equipment matters. Equipment makes you hit further and makes the balls stop faster on the green. Equipment reduces your meter speed.

Also, some players set up Country Club tourneys from the closest tees to lower their scoring average.

But skill matters a lot too. Plenty of people with the equipment I have are at much lower tiers. Once you have decent equipment, it's almost all about skill.

A lot of the top tier players write down the exact yardages and other statistics so that they can calculate every single shot. For example, an Excel spreadsheet.

So my suggestions: upgrade your equipment first. Then see what you can do to improve your skill.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 12:16 PM

willy53:

This is the most manipulated game I've ever played, absolute rubbish, I've been playing for over a year now and it's becoming nigh on impossible to score a decent round, and it's not for want of trying, oh God how I've tried, it's the strange way that the clubs perform like the've got a life of their own, and as for the meter speed, it always plays up on the birdies etc. to make it impossible when to know when to press mouse, not that it makes much difference as it stops early or runs through wit not much control anyway and that's with good or standard balls etc., in fact it reminds me of those fairground games that are totally fixed, but for what reason I don't know, it's not as if we're playing for real money or anything?, is it!.

Now I've finished that rant can someone explain how is it that some players on here have just become members i.e. in the last eight/twelve weeks and they are at masters or higher and on a low level with loads of career earnings, in thousands, with loads of friends but hardly no trophy's, and always at the top of the leaderboard, is there another game you can play before becoming a member, if so let me know cause I'm getting p****d off with this seemingly fixed nightmare.

I have good equipment, but when I have a bad round all I can do is look in the mirror to point the finger.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2015 4:24 PM

look for a country club with high tiered players, having direct teachers will help a lot...

upgrade your clubs also

• willy53
    42 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:43 AM

Hi, just to put the record straight I have got good equipment in the bag, balls, irons, wedges etc., what ever I use will make no difference to what I'm trying to get across about what I see as a manipulated game.

I will give you a good example of what I see as a fix?, last weeks Cabo was a fine example, single play 9 hole, got through first 8 holes 4 or 5 under which is very good for me as it would have put me in the top 10, then comes hole 9 second shot just short of the green, about 1ft, and 8ft off the hole looking straight across at it with the green sloping very steeply to the right, so a simple chip or pitch to the left of by about two or three feet to allow for a bit of roll down the hill, well, pinged the shot and ball went right by 2ft of hole not left as shot was played and merrily rolled down hill for 15ft, so you might think could still get a par with a decent shot, not to be, took four or five putts to get it in hole, the putts were going where they wanted and nothing like played, well until all my score was wiped out. And this happens all the time on most games, you're bound to start thinking somethings afoot !!!. 

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2015 7:06 AM

"and merrily rolled down hill for 15ft..."

....very tough to generate any back spin with a starter wedge and range ball, which may explain why it rolled so far past the hole..that said, I feel your pain on putting ...I am a legend and I am still brutal at it. 

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2015 7:21 AM

I have been playing for 5 years and have NEVER seen anything that could be described as manipulation.

• PAGES
RSS