Forums

Help › Forums

The Legacy of LeGeNdCrUsHeR

Sun, Dec 6 2015 2:01 PM (31 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:15 AM

BombShelly:

This was Rich's way, Scott. I see you use Nike 20XI balls... which ones are they, please?

I will be watching for your reply... If you havent replied within an hour of this message, I will send balls to the 2nd person who replied to this thread.

If I may say that I dont think any of us need the gift , But maybe hold on to them for a couple of weeks till the MrCaddie Christmas give away starts then pick some one from the event and gift them at that time in the name of Rich .

OPY

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:22 AM

I did not know He had passed. Prayer's for his family. Played several games with him. He was a hoot.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 12:59 PM

Rich really initiated the spirit of gifting "Random Acts of Kindness" and this has been continued ever since.

I was honoured to play with him a couple times, and in my mind #6 at BPG sums him up. In an alt game, his partner hit a rank approach WAYYYYY left and Rich ended up in deep deep rough. His p was so apologetic, and Rich kept saying no problems, I have it covered. Well I did not expect him to find the green, but he put the ball about 10 feet from the hole.

His demeanour and humour was pure class and WGT could do with more players like him.

Thanks Shelley for remembering him and reminding us - those who never knew him sadly missed out on meeting a great guy.

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:13 PM

Somebody out there could use a sleeve of balls.... It would be an honor to keep the Legacy of LeGeNdCrUsHeR alive, and there is absolutely no shame in accepting this gift.

The first person who replies with what type of balls they would like, will receive a free sleeve... just for saying "I'll take them"!

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:16 PM

I like balls personally so I will take them

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:25 PM

what kind, Jon?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:38 PM

BombShelly:

what kind, Jon?

...the kind he apparently isn't displaying at the moment...Shelly, your gesture was very well meaning and generous, but I am fully on side with Opy's suggestion...

...regardless, thank-you for helping all of us to remember what a fine man LC was..:)

ct

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:54 PM

AgentBrown123:

I like balls personally so I will take them

You have earned 10k in credits and you drop in on an act of kindness by Shelly??

Some peoples self centered personalities never cease to amaze me.

Nice  thought Shelly

Give a sleeve to someone  who really needs it

Hugss 

XxO

Allie

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:58 PM

ct690911:
    Shelly, your gesture was very well meaning and generous, but I am fully on side with Opy's suggestion...

I disagree. I understand what OPY is saying but without the random acts of kindness that LC started, we would have never had a Christmas Giveaway event.

Remember this preluded the very first event. Why just stick to a specific timeframe? Many others have carried on in this vain ever since, sometimes not asking for attention.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 2:06 PM

thesupernova:
    Give a sleeve to someone  who really needs it

^^^^THIS^^^^

I have helped a few players over the years, many never acknowledge it, which is fine, but some come back and thank you for giving them the start and help to make the game easier. That is the best feeling you can have.

RSS