Help › Forums

The Legacy of LeGeNdCrUsHeR

Sun, Dec 6 2015 2:01 PM (31 replies)
  • SusanGS
    102 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 2:17 PM

I'm not sure if i met Rich or not.

I love what you are doing Shelly.

A couple years ago when I was a worse player than i am now, I stumbled upon a thread around Christmastime where they were giving away balls, clubs, etc.

At the time buying new equipment was a stretch, but i requested new irons. Someone researched what i was using and what i needed. 

They gifted me a new set of irons and I have been eternally grateful.

Pass it forward. GREAT gesture Shelly.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 3:48 PM

when Rich had sent some one a gift he would type "winner, winner chicken dinner"

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:09 PM

When Jon (AgentBrown123) quit playing a year or so ago, he gifted all of his credits to someone, so, in his defense, if he needed balls,  I would have been happy to give them to him... However, when I spoke with him, he told me that his intentions were just to turn around and gift someone else....

The thread is still active, and I would like to give a gift of a sleeve of balls to someone who could use them.... If that person is you, please respond to this thread with the type of balls you would like, and I would be happy to send them, in Rich's name.

First reply with ball type request gets them!

Merry Christmas to you all!

XOXOX,

Shelly

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:17 PM

HI awesome  gesture i like to gift! & recieve! i'll take some balls..   PJ        ,nike 61s will work !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           BTW i never met or played w/ L.C but from what i read he seemed like a real stand -up   gent! (R.I.P)  oh our C.C will be gifting for Christmas too,  i'll be sure to participate..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Merry Christmas!   thx Shelly  ..  

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:22 PM

BombShelly:

Merry Christmas to you all!

XOXOX,

Shelly

And a Merry Christmas to you Shelly ,  

Thank you for what you are doing here . 

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:32 PM

1enigma1:
    HI awesome  gesture i like to gift! & recieve! i'll take some balls..   PJ        ,nike 61s will work !                                                                                                                                

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

On their way, PJ!!!! 

XOXOX,

Shelly

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:44 PM

Rich was a fun person to play with when he was on. I remember staying up late on Friday & Saturday nights just to get a chance to play with him and his many friends in match-play games. I'm just an average player but Rich helped me greatly with my short game. He always tried to help others with their game & how to master the courses as well. We will   miss your sense of humor  and compassion towards others, and will always be remembered as..."The LeGeNdCrUsHeR"  the one and only.  I'm not sure how it came about, but it would be an honor to have him back on my friends list once again for old times sake. 

R.I.P.

Rich

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:45 PM

alanti:

thesupernova:
    Give a sleeve to someone  who really needs it

^^^^THIS^^^^

I have helped a few players over the years, many never acknowledge it, which is fine, but some come back and thank you for giving them the start and help to make the game easier. That is the best feeling you can have.

Thank You Shelly! :)    ,    I too play secret santa a lot! (not only @ Christmas)   never wanting attention only me & the player knows :), i've gifted 5 sets of upper-level irons 1 driver one 3 wood, 3 wedges & many balls in the time i've been a member of the WGT, its gives me joy to help others out & someone again will be very happy during the 12 days of Christmas,    well said BTW  Alanti ..          PJ

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 5:46 PM

Thanks, everyone... Its been fun bringing the spirit of Rich back to life a little. When we first lost him, there was a lot of talk about making a tournament in his name... Somehow it never unfolded, so I just wanted to do a little something to remember him, and you have all done that...  This is not about me.... Thanks are all to Rich.

Many Blessings,

Shelly

• BombShelly
    1,010 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2015 5:54 PM

By the way... I couldnt have been any happier with the outcome....

And special thanks to  F......p and P........ r who have made it possible for me to play this game when I couldnt afford balls

XOXOX

RSS