Forums

Help › Forums

ROBBED

Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:41 AM (27 replies)
  • keeboable
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 4:25 AM

last night i played 3 others in a ranked. round at st andrews. all of us were tour pros. the game was close till the 9th hole when one player got in the bunker and couldnt save par, at this time i was -3 and 2 others were -1 par. the player in the bunker disconnected  the rest of us finished the round with me being -3, when the game finished and the score card came up it showed that the player who quit had made an eagle on the last hole, but what's worse is my avg was 71.5 before the round, and went to 73 after the round. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?he didn't even finish but he got a finishing score! any suggestion's?

• CLINTLIQUOR
    64 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 9:32 AM

I saw something similar the other night while playing st.andrews

1 of the players in our foursome quit right after he hit his tee shot,

I didn't think much of since people quit these matches all the time.

But when the scoreboard came  up I saw that the player who quit had received a 1 on the hole

just sayin...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 9:46 AM

Hi,

the scorecard issue is a known one and like you said, it happens only at the very end when someone timeouts. He/she did not get credit for it though. In regard to your average, it may explain it if you just recently made tour pro, so your average was reset. As you play more, it will level out to your true average.

-wgticon

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 10:32 AM

A score of -3 on St Andys front 9 is a score of 33...double it and you get 66. In no way in any kind of average working can a score of 66 push an average of 71.5 UP

If this has genuinely happened then it is a PROBLEM, and as such, should be addressed properly by WGT, an investigation and, most importantly, a resolution is needed so it doesn't happen again.

Also, you acknowledge the scorecard problem when someone d/c, yet don't say whether its even being worked on? Come on guys, give us (your customers) some real information rather than fobbing us off

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2011 1:34 PM

That is real information.

They are aware of the bug = working on a fix.  What else do you really want to know?

The OP's average is at 71.32 so I would guess he misread it.

As someone has said before "reading is fundamental"

Happy hitting

• keeboable
    2 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 1:23 PM

i would like to know why each time i start  a NEW GAME i have to uncheck the lesson tutorial  and the aim arc and green info before i can play the game? everytime i play i uncheck these then save it but sure enough each time i start a new game there back! any suggestion's?

• Timfy67
    37 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 2:34 AM

keeboable:

i would like to know why each time i start  a NEW GAME i have to uncheck the lesson tutorial  and the aim arc and green info before i can play the game? everytime i play i uncheck these then save it but sure enough each time i start a new game there back! any suggestion's?

Hi Keeboable,

I am in full agreement with you, it is a major pain... especially if you like to dip in and out of WGT whilst you're supposed to be working!!!

The problem is that WGT, being a flash game, your settings only reside in the flash cache. Many browsers are set to clear this cache when a new session is begun, resetting the settings to default. I'm fairly sure that this could be overcome by the devs (by for instance putting a settings string into the player profile) but I guess that this is more complex than I understand as it doesn't seem to be being put in place any day soon.

As an aside... it would appear that not flushing the cache leads to a few of the well documented gripes on this board about sticky meters etc so I guess you'll have to make a decision about what irritates you most!

Good luck with your game,

Timfy

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 8:21 AM

You think you were robbed, watch this!

• cowpen
    771 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 2:24 PM

BUGS and lots of inacuracy's lately take a look at these shots and tell me why  the hole  isn't recognised 

take a look tell me it wasn't in

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=454b864f-130d-4c3f-be77-9e8a00e9747a

• csolivais1979
    3 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 6:25 PM

While that has not happened to me, that sucks.  Not sure what would cause that.

• RSS