ROBBED

Thu, Mar 8 2012 1:41 AM (27 replies)
  • cowpen
    771 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 5:37 AM
  • BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 6:42 AM

Damn....must be that pescie flag stick (transparent but fills the hole)  ;-)

• macbar
    79 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 11:29 AM

Guessing that WGT doesn't want everyone to know when someone reports a bug since clicking on the replay links won't open the replay so that we can see what happened. The more I know about this game the more I'm coming to believe it is rigged.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 1:09 PM

as it is with most online games.....you're playing against a computer. i wouldn't say rigged....more manipulated.

tbe

• macbar
    79 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 1:57 PM

You're probably right but have you ever noticed that when you play multiple rounds of an unlimited tournament you'll reach a certain scoring level and can get no further no matter how many times you play nor how many different approaches you take to try and improve on the score? 

I made up my mind that I was going to at least tie the leaders in the latest 9 hole unlimited tourney on Kiawah so I must have started at least 50 to 60 rounds trying to get to the score I needed to reach the top. The absolute best I can reach is -5. When I get to that level, the game inevitably causes some situation to occur that prevents me from bettering the score. A simple 3 foot putt that is struck perfectly lips out or scoots way to to the right or left of the hole or a perfectly struck approach shot rolls 5 yards by the hole UPHILL, leaving an UPHILL putt to back the hole????

Like I said, I'm beginning to think that the game is rigged in some way to prevent some from winning these events. 

The only other explanation is that the players who consistently shoot -15 to -18 on 18 hole tournament rounds or -8 to -9 on 9 hole tourney rounds have some tool that they are using to achieve that level of play that we know not of.

In real golf, I know that I don't have the physical abilities of a Phil or Tiger and cannot expect to compete at their level without years of practice and physical conditioning but there is no way that these WGT stars have that much better hand to eye coordination or are that much more computer savvy than I. Even assuming that they do possess such superior abilities, the law of averages should kick in once in a while and a regular joe like me should be able to post a great score now and then. I use the same equipment and probably play more than most so if practice makes perfect, then I should be able to get close to the leaders but the game will not allow it. My absolute BEST round for an 18 hole tourney has been -9 and even then I had to scratch and claw my way to that score. To post -15 to -18 now and then would take a gargantuan effort on my part yet some seem to do it on a regular basis.

Again, absent the funky circumstances that lead to my consistent inability to better my score in a given tournament, I'd write it off to lack of ability but given the weirdness of the situations that cause the shortcomings, I'm sure that something more is going on here. I've spent a raft of money on this game to not see some tangible results from my investment in both time and money. Quite honestly the time probably bothers me moreso than the money.

Not sour grapes mind you ... just saying ....

• cowpen
    771 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 6:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Macbar as you say there seems to be no justice or explaining some of the mystery in people being able to shoot silly scores i am the same as you probably -10 my best 18 in very easy conditions where some people can do -15s in extreemly dificult conditions.

talking on the money front i am again the same as you spending my hard earned pounds on a passtime that i enjoy but in return i require the game to play true, these new balls are as expensive as the real one's and the reason i brought it to wgt attention is that 2 of those shots i posted are from the same round of golf  which held a  prize had they have counted i would have finished top 10 but because of what happened i finished out of the top 50

anyway thanks again take care  

• roaddawgstyle
    305 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:12 PM

Do not see how it is robbed you teed off and missed left, nice shot be happy with it.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 6:30 AM

I cant find a proper thread for this, so will ask here. When i save a replay, can WGT look at that replay and be able to tell me what club i used, spin, placement of pointer etc? Do they have the whatnots to break down that shot and Analise it? 

• cowpen
    771 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 1:42 PM
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 2:37 PM

cowpen:

that one just went right around the hole....happened to me in real life 3 times this past weekend.

as one would say here....."robbed"  or nt UL!

RSS