Help › Forums

TAKING gb's after a good shot!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 2 2016 8:36 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:35 AM

You take and take and take and take WGT.

You have TAKEN / RECLAIMED AT LEAST, "minimal amount"  $100.00 JUST IN GOLF BALLS ALONE over the years and let me repeat, that is a minimal estimation. 

I had THE PERFECT shot off 8 @ Kiawah and the ball ends up in the water. I have played this game long enough to know WHEN YOU TAKE A BALL WGT and this was one of those TAKES. I am not even going to give you the benefit of doubt on RECLAIM. This gb was out and out TAKEN even though you eventually RECLAIM everything anyways.

It is is just BS when players as myself whop have played this game steady for yeeeeeeears and we KNOW FOR A FACT that the shot we take is spot on and the ball ends up in a "Water Hazard",,LOL! My ass it should. It doesn't end up in the "Water Hazard" it ends up back in YOUR POCKET WGT.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 12:07 PM

BUMP and,,,,,,, BUMP again!

• NealHanlen
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 12:54 PM

I agree, I had "dinged shots myself & the ball has gone completely haywire, off-line & or short/long.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 3:33 PM

A dinged shot is not = a perfect shot!

Peter

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 5:24 PM

overtheedge:

You take and take and take and take WGT.

You have TAKEN / RECLAIMED AT LEAST, "minimal amount"  $100.00 JUST IN GOLF BALLS ALONE over the years and let me repeat, that is a minimal estimation. 

I had THE PERFECT shot off 8 @ Kiawah and the ball ends up in the water. I have played this game long enough to know WHEN YOU TAKE A BALL WGT and this was one of those TAKES. I am not even going to give you the benefit of doubt on RECLAIM. This gb was out and out TAKEN even though you eventually RECLAIM everything anyways.

It is is just BS when players as myself whop have played this game steady for yeeeeeeears and we KNOW FOR A FACT that the shot we take is spot on and the ball ends up in a "Water Hazard",,LOL! My ass it should. It doesn't end up in the "Water Hazard" it ends up back in YOUR POCKET WGT.

after 5,000 posts and your still not happy think about it bro

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 5:32 PM

bump

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 5:36 PM

I used to think that way also...so now I purposely aim at bunkers and rough...the ball often finds fairways and greens...reverse psychology gets wgt every time..:)

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2016 5:52 PM

I've had my share of "good shots" end quite badly. On flip side, I've also had a a fair amount of mishits (and I know when I mishit a ball) that have ended up much better (sometimes landing from tap-in birdie range) than I anticipated. For me, they seem to even out.

The only difference between the two scenarios is that I tend to remember the "good shots" that ended badly more than the other. 

The game giveth and the game taketh away. :-)  

• PAGES
RSS