Forums

Help › Forums

Powerball......what would you do if you won?

Thu, Jan 14 2016 1:53 AM (89 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 11:17 AM

ct690911:
    What is a wank?...I hear the Brits refer to people as "wankers", but this is a different meaning, no?!

Google is useful for finding most information.

Just type in the information you seek - it's all there for ya.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 11:23 AM

WigerToods2010:

ct690911:
    What is a wank?...I hear the Brits refer to people as "wankers", but this is a different meaning, no?!

Google is useful for finding most information.

Just type in the information you seek - it's all there for ya.

Thank you...I have done this in the past, but sometimes end up with more spam than information...so I thought it "safer" to just ask the OP.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 11:28 AM

alosso:

ct690911:
    What is a wank?

German Wank (in translation)

English wank (I like "Teasing" part)

Thanks Alosso...I think we can safely eliminate the German definition on this one...lol, although it is interesting.

I'm kind of partial to the the "Hostage" one.:)

I thought this was what the OP might be referring to, but since it is self applied, her comment about getting paid for it, caused me to question. As an aside, I notice there were no expressions pertaining to women...gender bias by the author?..lol

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 3:00 PM

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2016 9:08 PM

ct690911:
    I thought this was what the OP might be referring to,

From the given context, payment would point to powerball winnings IMHO, and the gender bias might be overcome in one way or the other, either speaking figuratively, or by application to unexpected&hidden items.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2016 4:44 AM

alosso:

ct690911:
    I thought this was what the OP might be referring to,

From the given context, payment would point to powerball winnings IMHO, and the gender bias might be overcome in one way or the other, either speaking figuratively, or by application to unexpected&hidden items.

Good point Alosso...and probably correct.  Alas, the Power-ball went (California area?)...maybe Chad or one of the Mods won it...just think of all the improvements that could be made to WGT with a Billion+ dollars...lol

The thread was enjoyable while it lasted...:)

ct

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2016 5:37 AM

Yet another reason to hate California and everyone in it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:20 AM

MichaelStroke:

Heh, 1 of the 3 winning tickets  was purchased at a 7-11 store in the 6th highest income area in the state. Go figure. The rich get richer and the poor get kids.  :-(

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2016 8:06 AM

YankeeJim:

MichaelStroke:

Heh, 1 of the 3 winning tickets  was purchased at a 7-11 store in the 6th highest income area in the state. Go figure. The rich get richer and the poor get kids.  :-(

I was watching "Price is Right" when Bob Barker was host...this guy won the grand prize of matching Cadillacs...cut to commercial...upon returning, Barker asked the guy to repeat to the TV audience what he had just said during break...The guy had asked if he could get different cars, as he had just bought his wife and himself matching Cadillacs...oi vey.

RSS